Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #16
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Well of course if you set chapter mark to none, all the extra page breaks from the original file will be included. I don't understand the problem either.

All I get in the Calibre reader are line spacings, not page breaks, even though I see page breaks in the code.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
mr.ninja13
mr.ninja13 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
It's not the problem of the page breaks in the code, it's that in the resulting epub the page break appears in the wrong place, i.e. after the first "paragraph" of the text instead of after the chapter name:

In code, and in the prc, I have this:

---page break---
PRELUDE OF THE FOUNDER OF THE DANISH HOUSE
---page break---
LO, praise of the prowess of people-kings

of spear-armed Danes, in days long sped...

But in the resulting epub, I have this instead:

---page break---
PRELUDE OF THE FOUNDER OF THE DANISH HOUSE

LO, praise of the prowess of people-kings
---page break---
<---This shouldn't be there!!!
of spear-armed Danes, in days long sped...

In the code there's no page break after "people-kings", it's only after "HOUSE".

What I see in the reader is either the chatpter title and the first line of the text on the same page (and all the rest of the text in a separate page), or the first line on its own page (in ADE)...

Sorry I cannot seem to explain the problem clearly, maybe I'll attach a screenshot of what I got in the reader.

Paolo

Last edited by mr.ninja13; 05-11-2009 at 12:35 PM.
mr.ninja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What is ADE?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
mr.ninja13

Adobe Digital Editions
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
mr.ninja13

Here's the screenshot of the issue.

The page break in code is after the word "HOUSE". There's no page break after the word "kings".

What should happen is that the all caps title sits on its own page. That's what happens in the prc file, but not in the epub.

Paolo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page_break.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	28854  
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #21
sirbruce
Provocateur

I can't duplicate this. Maybe Kovid will have better luck. Have you tried completely deleting the book from Calibre and starting again from scratch?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I can't duplicate it either. Try re-importing the book into calibre, then converting it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #23
mr.ninja13

Oh well, I guess I'll have to fiddle a bit with the html...

Anyway, thanks all the same.

Paolo
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
dejiridoo
dejiridoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up This worked for me after switching from Mobipocket Creator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Don't use <mbpagenreak/> Use <div style="page-break-after:always"/> instead. calibre will automatically create te neccessary mobipocket tags
Hi, thanks so much for the help. This solution worked for me. Previously, I had used Mobipocket creator and the <mbpagebreak /> tag
was recommended by Kindle coders but didn't work properly with Calibre. I am very excited, as you have helped me unlock other formats in the process. Conversion to Epub is now working smoothly as well.

-dejiridoo
dejiridoo is offline   Reply With Quote