Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #61
Nielsen
Nielsen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Dear All.

This issue brought me to this tread as well. So this is my very first post here and the converted book I'm struggling with is the first book I bought as a ePub and converted with Calibre.

I have now finally given up after reading very careful through this tread and tried the suggestions posted. I converted my ePub to mobi (old) and used the email to Kindle functionality in Calibre. When trying to sync to the furthest page read in the book, I'm getting an error message: "Unable to retrieve the furthest location read...".

So I ran through this thread and tried to copy exactly what you did Governa. I downloaded the Modify ePub and mirrored your settings, I followed you steps with the forth and back conversion (deleting the other file type in between). I tried to fulfill the metadata, by using the download metadata function in Calibre. I feel that I tried everything, even in different combinations, but no matter what, it still refuses to work for me.

Since I'm new to Calibre (and it is fairly complicated for my level with all the advanced settings etc.) I suspect that I must have overlooked a setting or maybe failed to fill out some essential metadata detail that I wouldn't know about.

Would anyone of you experts in here be willing to try to help me out?
Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle paperwhite, mobi, whispersync