Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Question Page turning on i62

I just received my i62HD (4GB) from taobao.com in China (cheapest and nearest to me geographically), and although I find it mostly ideal, I'm finding the page-turning to be a bit counter-intuitive.

Firstly, the right-hand page-bar's next-on-top, previous-on-bottom strikes me as the reverse of what I would expect (up is normally previous-page, down is normally next-page on GUI interfaces). These are generally the buttons I would use when reading in a sitting position.

Secondly, the left-hand bar (which I would generally use when reading lying down) is the reverse of this. Rather confusing (and means that even if I inverted the display for reading sitting, I'd need to re-invest each time I transitioned sitting <=> lying).

(Admittedly, both of these 'features' are documented in the manual.)

Thirdly, touchscreen sweeps appear to work in an analogous counter-intuitive down/to-right-is-previous, up/to-left-is-next direction as the right-hand page-bar. [Addendum: I've just been told by my nephew that this is the standard paradigm for touchscreen GUIs -- but it still feels counter-intuitive to somebody who has spent several decades using pointing-device GUIs.]

Is there any way to reprogram the directionality of these page-turns?

Last edited by Hrafn; 08-31-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: touchscreen vs pointing-device paradigm
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote