Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Working! Reading Homer's Iliad on the Cybook

It took me some four letter words this afternoon, but I have what I wanted: a mobipocket book with the (first 12 for now) books in ancient Greek of Homer's Iliad.

For a while I thought it wouldn't work, because I started out trying to get a text file to display Greek, but mobipocket does the job just fine.

Most pleased!

Groet,
Adelheid
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This would be of great interest to me, Adelheid. Can you explain what you did, please?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
adelheid
Zealot

Hi Harry,

I used a UTF-16 encoded source file (saved it to that encoding on a Mac). I uploaded the file to a Windows pc and imported it, using Mobipocket Creator Home Edition v4.2, and built the prc file.

I then placed it on my SD card in the Cybook. I also made sure to have a suitable font on the Cybook (called 'Gentium'). When I opened the book on the Cybook, at first boxes were displayed for various accented characters, but switching to the Gentium font made them all visible.

Groet,
Adelheid

Last edited by adelheid; 12-24-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
adelheid
Zealot

I notice that someone changed the title of my post?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hmmm. Not me! What was it before?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
adelheid
Zealot

I didn't mention that the Iliad I was reading was Homer's. That was me trying to be funny, given the existence of an ebook device called the Iliad.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
As adelheid said you need a font that supports ancient greek. Modern greek is supported out of the box (the alphabet is the same, just much less word stress marks).
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote