Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
ccraig13
ccraig13 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G
Question ISBN Metadata Best Practices

Like most of you, I want to be able to offer my books in as many formats as possible. In order to do this we need to have ISBNs for each format. Here's my question:

Should the value for the "isbn" in the "ids" field of the metadata section be the ISBN of the paper edition or the ISBN of the format ( ePub, Mobi, etc. ) I'm about to convert to?

Thanks!
ccraig13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably the format you are converting to but I am not sure what your purpose is?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
ccraig13
ccraig13 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G
Thanks! That's what I was leaning towards as well. I'm not sure if those fields are absolutely necessary, but since they're there I wanted to make sure I was using them correctly.
ccraig13 is offline   Reply With Quote