Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Anywhere to find out about future releases?

Hi all,

After a few more days I'm still loving my 505. So I was going through my pre-orders from Amazon & there are about a dozen books I have ordered between now & January. I was trying to decide if I should cancel them & get them as ebooks, but in looking at Fictionwise & Connect I didn't really see a section for upcoming selections so that you know what will be available. I don't want to cancel the pbooks if they aren't going to be available as ebooks. Anywhere I can check?

Thanks

EDIT: Also is there a source for non US ebooks? I'm looking for a couple books that are out in the UK, but not here.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-23-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added another question
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't know of any, AnemicOak, but I agree that would be a really nice thing to have.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Right now, I think that no major UK (only) fiction books are released as e-books, while for US usually look at the publisher.

Some release everything they publish as e-books, some release a portion, some none. Compare to older titles by the same publisher and you get an idea of your chances to get the respective book as e.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After more looking it appears that some sites put titles up for preorder a short period ahead of time, but were talking a few weeks only. Not sure if they list everything coming out though or just stuff that's more popular. I'm used to preordering months in advance & just having stuff show up. Guess it'll be an adjustment.

I do wish that if a publisher did ebooks at all that they'd release everything they're putting out. Too bad, it appears I'll still be buying quite a few Dead Tree Editions at this point.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

One of the books on my preorder list is 'Host' by Faith Hunter. I see that Fictionwise has it for release on Nov. 7th, but only in Mobipocket format. This is a Penguin/ROC book. I see other titles by them are available in pretty much all the standard formats. Is it a usual occurrence that certain titles only come out in one format? There's no way to do any conversion on a Mobipocket title correct?
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Is it a usual occurrence that certain titles only come out in one format?
Yes, very common.

Quote:
There's no way to do any conversion on a Mobipocket title correct?
Do you really have nothing that will read MobiPocket? A Pocket PC? Palm? Smartphone?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #7
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
WHSmiths has an ebook site. I know Ian Rankin is available on there. But then it's available on Fictionwise as well.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you really have nothing that will read MobiPocket? A Pocket PC? Palm? Smartphone?
Not the point for me. I'm sure I could read it on my laptop & there's probably a reader that would work on my Treo (never checked). I bought my 505 to have something portable & more readable than a PDA (while I can read on my Treo, I really don't care much for it). For me at this point it's going to be either .lit or the dead tree edition I guess.

It seems as if there is no rhyme or reason to which format which books get from some publishers at this point, guess it's just one of those things.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0zza View Post
WHSmiths has an ebook site. I know Ian Rankin is available on there. But then it's available on Fictionwise as well.
Thanks for the resource. They don't have the author I was wondering about, Steven Erikson, but it's a good site to know about.