Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #136
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
OMG. I am surprised nobody jumped me for it yet. When I posted my layout, it had a typo in the esc-key. You copied that key to a different location (top left) without looking. Now your layout has a non-functioning esc-key.

I put as action: "escpape" and it should be "escape". Did not notice until just now. My apologies.
Thanks. I don't use kterm very often.
I remember correcting some typo with at sign, but overlooked this. Corrected in newest version.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #137
timb.us
Enthusiast
timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timb.us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad 2
Is there a way to run this in landscape mode on a PaperWhite? I searched but couldn't find anything.
timb.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #138
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Let me look that up for you.. one sec

replace the bin with this one.

(thanks baf)
Attached Files
File Type: zip kterm-landscape-enabled.zip (677.7 KB, 420 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #139
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
i tried the landscape binary and it doesn't start in landscape, is there anything special I need to do, like some key combination or so?
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #140
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They changed the naming convention for the PW If I recall correctly.

You could research that an build it for yourself.

Dont have a Paperwhite so cant help you sorry.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #141
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
what's the diff in source between landscape and portrait mode for your kindle? I can't tell from just the binary
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #142
twobob

it's the encoded title. https://github.com/bfabiszewski/kter...aster/config.h

Line 22.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #143
SteveJM
SteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheeseSteveJM can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Hi, I get a 404 trying to access fabeiszewski's Kindle Touch binaries. I tried to recompile from github src but get a bunch of link / compile errors from missing dependencies (that I've also failed to find thus far - sorry I've only an immature dev. environment for Arm). Has anyone got a alternative location for the precompiled binaries for the Kindle Touch kterm ?

MTIA
SteveJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #144
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=77
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=74
HTH
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #145
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does the kterm supports chinese? If it does, how can I make it works? Thanks!
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #146
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
Does the kterm supports chinese? If it does, how can I make it works? Thanks!
Well, it supports UTF-8 and default font supports chinese, so in terms of displaying characters it works. But I don't know how you want to manage input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_04_20T21_16_07+0200.png
Views:	302
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	104638  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #147
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Well, it supports UTF-8 and default font supports chinese, so in terms of displaying characters it works. But I don't know how you want to manage input.
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_04_21T11_06_38+0800.png
Views:	457
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	104652
I feel confuse why I can't see the filename in chinese when I use the "ls" command while I can see the chinese folder name "报纸杂志". It just display "?" instead of the chinese character.
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #148
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Attachment 104652
I feel confuse why I can't see the filename in chinese when I use the "ls" command while I can see the chinese folder name "报纸杂志". It just display "?" instead of the chinese character.
On what file system in the Kindle? They do not all support UTF-8.

Using the:
mount
command will list the file systems and where in the file directory tree they are mount in.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #149
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
That is a problem with ls command. Busybox version probably doesn't support UTF-8.

Edit: I checked it and confirm that it is a problem with ls. It seems it doesn't support wide characters. As a workaround you may use ls binary from coreutils package I built for kindle. You will find it on my kterm page in downloads section.

Last edited by baf; 04-24-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #150
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
how to get bolder keyboard font in kterm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Ok, so I leave one config for both devices. Updated kterm-0.6 package on my page with your file. Thanks a lot!
I'm still not able to get the bolder looking keyboard font in kterm and frotz.. like cubemike's: http://i.imgur.com/koM07FB.png (with the esc key corrected)..

what I still get is this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rshot_orig.png

i'm using the latest kterm build (0.6)..

since "keyboard-wide.xml" was not included in package, tried copying it from the posts here into layouts folder.. and then enabling it in kterm.conf file.. didn't work..

anything missing in the kterm package..?

Last edited by ixtab; 07-27-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Replaced shortened link by full URL. Please do not post shortened links.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, terminal emulator