Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
hrynkiw
Connoisseur
hrynkiw doesn't litterhrynkiw doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, iPhone, iPad
Managing "Read Next" list on Kindle

I'm a novice Kindle user, looking for a little "how do you do it" advice from you all.

As I'm working through adding backlog books to my Calibre library, I'm coming across a number of books I think I'm going to want to read in the relative near future. I'm looking for a way to add them to a Read Next shelf, figuratively speaking, on my Kindle.

My first thought was to just add a "+Read Next" tag to the book and let the Kindle Collections plugin create the collection for me.

The trouble comes when I've finished reading the book -- I don't think I can remove the tag from the book on the Kindle. Won't the book just be returned to the collection the next time I generate collections from Calibre? I'll have to remember to go back to the book in Calibre and remove the tag there.

How do you handle this?
hrynkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
In my library I have a custom column which I use to create a collection of the books which are on my reading next list. Once I've read the book, I add the rating in Calibre along with removing the book from the custom column. And if necessary, I use the Fetch Annotations feature to download my bookmarks and notes into Calibre, then I re-convert the book with the summary section added to the first page of the book. That is so I will have a record of them in case I ever lose them later. The next time collections are created, they are updated with the latest version of the books on the list. This process is a manual process.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote