Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I use Audible on a regular basis. It works for me. I haven't done anything special to get it working.
So far I haven't needed to use Audible. Their books are too expensive. I've been quite content with audiobooks form the library and public domain.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I agree they're expensive. When I say use on a regular basis, I'm referring to accessing the app, not necessarily purchasing content on a regular basis.

The selection of ebooks and audiobooks is slim at my library. Not to mention that most of the audiobooks are WMAs.

Last edited by SCION; 12-29-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
While you're investigating you may want to disable automatic updates before you're stopped in your tracks.
Yes, good point - what method did you use (I think it's important so as to allow Audible to run) - I want to follow exactly your method
Old 12-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Yes, good point - what method did you use (I think it's important so as to allow Audible to run) - I want to follow exactly your method
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=19
Old 12-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
The selection of ebooks and audiobooks is slim at my library. Not to mention that most of the audiobooks are WMAs.
I'm lucky, because I belong to libraries with large selections.

I have no intention to listen to audiobooks on my NC. I'll continue to use my MP3 player because it's small and supports the three major audiobook formats - Audible, MP3, WMA.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
How is your investigation going?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
SCION
Séduisant

Bump.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #23
emt
Nameless Being

Still Having Problems..

I spoke with the Audible folks but they claim the issue is with a rooted Nook Color, and more specifically as follows:

Apparently, when using autonooter, it winds up identifying the NC as a Droid Eris phone, and the Audible app isn't compatible with the Eris!

I think that Nooter 0.2 might not do this, or the issue may lie in how the Google apps are installed.

Whatever the case, the real issue is that Android is still very much a phone OS and until Google gets its act together and comes out with a Android tablet OS there will still be issues.
This was also commented on at ZDNet.com recently and if Google delays, Apple may eat their lunch regarding tablet OS's - any way just my humble $0.02.

For now, I'll just keep my Audible stuff on my IPOD touch but it's a real PITA to have to carry two devices.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I spoke with the Audible folks but they claim the issue is with a rooted Nook Color, and more specifically as follows:

Apparently, when using autonooter, it winds up identifying the NC as a Droid Eris phone, and the Audible app isn't compatible with the Eris!

I think that Nooter 0.2 might not do this, or the issue may lie in how the Google apps are installed.

Whatever the case, the real issue is that Android is still very much a phone OS and until Google gets its act together and comes out with a Android tablet OS there will still be issues.
This was also commented on at ZDNet.com recently and if Google delays, Apple may eat their lunch regarding tablet OS's - any way just my humble $0.02.

For now, I'll just keep my Audible stuff on my IPOD touch but it's a real PITA to have to carry two devices.
Hey, glad you responded. That's why I bumped the thread.

Interesting take on the device fingerprint. This is an autonooter thing. When I enabled Market manually, there's an option at the end of the process to change the device fingerprint from a generic one, to a Verizon Eris one. The reason given was to have access to certain apps in the Market that otherwise would be blocked. I preferred keeping the generic fingerprint because I wasn't comfortable having the device present itself as a specific phone. I sensed there would be complications.

You can change your fingerprint to a generic one:

adb pull /system/build.prop

edit the following line:

ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys

so it reads:

ro.build.fingerprint=generic/zoom2/zoom2/zoom2:2.1/ERD79/269:user/test-keys

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb push build.prop /system/
adb shell mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb reboot

Last edited by SCION; 01-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.