Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Content Server -- access log info

Is there anyway to decipher what books have been downloaded via the content server? I'm pretty sure the book id is there, but how can I find out what book that is in my calibre library? Is it possible to display the id in an added column, or to be able to search for a specific id?

Thanks, Gin
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnia View Post
Is there anyway to decipher what books have been downloaded via the content server? I'm pretty sure the book id is there, but how can I find out what book that is in my calibre library? Is it possible to display the id in an added column, or to be able to search for a specific id?

Thanks, Gin
Create a custom column for book number, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	158991

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
no need for a custom column
search:
id:=<the id #>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, theducks -- This is a much simpler solution as my "Edit Custom Column" option does not look like the jpg above. I don't have the "template" line nor the one under it. However would like to have a column if I could make it work.

Ginny
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks, theducks -- This is a much simpler solution as my "Edit Custom Column" option does not look like the jpg above. I don't have the "template" line nor the one under it. However would like to have a column if I could make it work.

Ginny
Template does not appear, because you did not first set Column from other columns. Templates reference columns. The dialog is context aware (changes to fit the situation)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2017, 06:07 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Is it possible to display the id in an added column, or to be able to search for a specific id?
My custom column can be shown in the book list and used in a search term. AFAIK the 'id' column cannot otherwise be displayed in the book list. And with my lookup/Header names it less likely to be confused with the 'Ids' column.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote