Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 04:06 AM   #46
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
If you've not read
Day by Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne
Its a slightly weaker but still good story similar to WW:Z.

Lets hope the The Morningstar Strain strain books by Z.A Recht will be turned into eBooks soon. I have both in hardcopy and they're pretty good.

To be honest, I'm slowly working my way through the Abaddon Books catalogue, they're all pretty good reads, nothing that will blow your mind but all good books that wont dissapoint. But they need to get up to date with their ebook releases.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #47
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
To All Lovers of Zombie Books:

You know, I've been thinking of maintaining a Bibliography of Zombie Ebooks for some time, and to update the list as Want, Need, and New Information occur.

Why such a list, you didn't ask? Well, because I love books that poke fun at Brains - if you get my drift - and Zombie Books are fun to read. I mean, look: Don't we all love some pasty-looking fellow slobbering all over someone else's brains and dismembered body parts? Isn't that part of our excitement when we read this joyous trash?

This would be a lot of work, and would only be possible with YOUR ASSISTANCE.

Here's how I see this:

TITLE
AUTHOR
NOVEL / NOVELETTE / SHORT STORY
SERIES (Yes / No)
SYNOPSIS

I see the "Synopsis" as the hardest part to maintain, as not everyone may have read the story in question.

What do you think, fellow Brain-Dead Lovers of Zombie Ebooks?

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-17-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #48
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
To All Lovers of Zombie Books:

You know, I've been thinking of maintaining a Bibliography of Zombie Ebooks for some time, and to update the list as Want, Need, and New Information occur.

Why such a list, you didn't ask? Well, because I love books that poke fun at Brains - if you get my drift - and Zombie Books are fun to read. I mean, look: Don't we all love some pasty-looking fellow slobbering all over someone else's brains and dismembered body parts? Isn't that part of our excitement when we read this joyous trash?

This would be a lot of work, and would only be possible with YOUR ASSISTANCE.

Here's how I see this:

TITLE
AUTHOR
NOVEL / NOVELETTE / SHORT STORY
SERIES (Yes / No)
SYNOPSIS

I see the "Synopsis" as the hardest part to maintain, as not everyone may have read the story in question.

What do you think, fellow Brain-Dead Lovers of Zombie Ebooks?

Don
I would love to see something like this and would surely do my best to help out.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #49
sideburnt
Connoisseur

Good old Permuted Press have a pretty good list up of Zombie Novel releases. Although I can see its a wee bit dated, for example 'The Walking Dead' has now reached Volume 6 I believe.

http://www.permutedpress.com/uzbl/

I picked up 'Rise' by Gareth Wood, and despite the weak start this novel has turned into a really great read.

Last edited by sideburnt; 10-23-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: I also noticed that some of the links are dead, but the core information about each release is there
Old 10-23-2009, 04:13 AM   #50
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Jailbait Zombie by Mario Acevedo. It is the fourth book in his Felix Gomez series but is pretty entertaining. I have all 4 books and would gladly recomend them. They all have suggestive titles but not as dirty as they sound.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #51
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Don't forget about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
My wife has picked up this one, it looks like fun.

The next one by the same authors is a little off-topic, it's called "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters".
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #52
sideburnt
Connoisseur

I believe there is a War of the Worlds and Zombies book circulating, I have a copy in my digital library, I'll check again.

Book Mashups, heh.

Last edited by sideburnt; 10-23-2009 at 08:23 AM. Reason: lol, yes here it is http://www.amazon.com/Worlds-Plus-Blood-Guts-Zombies/dp/1897217919
Old 10-23-2009, 09:10 AM   #53
numtini
numtini began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I cannot possibly recommend WW-Z enough. It's an extremely thoughtful book that is at once zombie horror, adventure, thoughtful political commentary, an exploration of human reaction to tragedy, and some viciously funny biting satire. I would also very very highly recommend the audiobook version which is fully casted with some people you might be expecting like Alan Alda and Rob Reiner.

I didn't really care for the Monster Island series. It was a bit on the military adventure side for my taste, at least the portion I read. Easy to check out as it's still on the web as a blog.

For small publisher/semi-pro stuf, I enjoyed As the World Dies by Rhiannon Frater or at least the first novel in the series--I need to pick up the next two. I thought it brought a more human and women's angle to it. I also enjoyed the two Dying to Live books by Kim Paffenroth. There were some parts that were a little clunky, but he's got a very good spiritual take on the whole thing and some odd twists to the usual zombie narrative.
numtini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #54
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
I reccomend Brian Keene's Dead Rising and it's follow up, which I believe is called City of the Dead.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
"'salems Lot." One of Kings best. Great character development.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #56
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Zombies
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:24 AM   #57
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Harharharhar....

I think someone's confusing vampires with zombies.

Zombies are rotten and they stink, probably because they're DEAD! Vampires probably don't stink; they probably aren't rotten, either. (Anyone have any definitive research on this?)

Zombies often fall apart. It depends on how rotten they are. (Parts is parts!)

Zombies are like Educated Rednecks - they're just good 'ol boys in search of brains!

Vampires are Educated and Boring, sort of like a Professor - full of hot air and bombast. (You know who you are!) Vampires love to quote Derrida and that bag of stale, hot air - Michel Foucault. (They love French epistemology and Foucaultian Discourse Analysis.)

You can't trust a zombie, but you can sometimes trust a vampire. A vampire may charm your Mother before killing her; but a zombie doesn't care about charm at all - he'll simply eat her brains and play with her intestines.

NEVER, NEVER let a zombie marry your sister. A vampire, however, will wine and dine your sister - before relieving her of all her blood, of course. A vampire will also have a full-course dinner served to all relatives before he kills you. A zombie, on the other hand, has no table manners and makes a poor conversationalist.

Zombies live on the edge and have guts (perhaps yours). Vampires are effete and effeminate (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

Let's not have this confusion happen again! Otherwise, I'll have to send Jacques, my DEAD French cat after someone!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-27-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #58
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
I reccomend Brian Keene's Dead Rising and it's follow up, which I believe is called City of the Dead.
I just finished reading The Rising and then realized it continues... does anyone know where I could download City of the Dead from? Thanks.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:50 AM   #59
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Adam Roberts' "I Am Scrooge" is a zombie story for Christmas.

I haven't read it, but the couple of SF books of his I've read have been very good.
Sadly, it doesn't look like an e-version of Scrooge is available at the moment.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #60
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I can recommend Rhiannon Frater " As The World Dies" trilogy. Best Zombie books I have read so far.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote