Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I suppose Qt5 is common enough in Linux distros now, that most users won't have too much trouble building the latest version of Sigil all by their own big selves. But just in case ... I don't want to alienate anyone who may want to play, so I made packages for Sigil v0.8.0 that has the necessary Qt libs (Qt5.3.1) included.

Links found in the first post of the thread as usual.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seeing as how the version of Qt5 needed to build Sigil keeps dancing ahead of most repo Qt5 versions, I figured I'd keep offering a standalone binary package for Linux users.

Updated the first post to include a link to Sigil v0.8.1
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #63
blendenzo
blendenzo began at the beginning.

Device: various
DiapDealer: Just wanted to say thank you. I'm using an LTS version of Mint, so my Qt version is rather behind the times. I have been using your binary packages for a while and I'm glad you still share them, because I don't think I'd be using the latest Sigil otherwise.
blendenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #64
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Glad to help, blendenzo. It's my pleasure to provide them.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:02 AM   #65
xingenter
Member Retired
xingenter began at the beginning.

Device: none
DiapDealer,

Thank you so much for creating the Debian packages for 0.8.1. I was pleased to hear that Sigil development had resumed and then gutted when I found out it would not work on Windows XP. However, thanks to you, I can use it on my old PC (and laptop) running Mint 17. Wonderful!

Good on yer!
xingenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #66
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated the first post to include a link to the latest Sigil release (v0.8.2)
Old 12-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #67
xingenter
Member Retired
xingenter began at the beginning.

A big thanks from me too

DiapDealer,

A big from me too for building the deb packages for the latest version of Sigil. Since the newer versions don't work on XP, I can at least stay up to date on my Linux Mint box thanks to your kind efforts.

Good on yer.

Mr B
xingenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #68
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmrb View Post
DiapDealer,

A big from me too for building the deb packages for the latest version of Sigil. Since the newer versions don't work on XP, I can at least stay up to date on my Linux Mint box thanks to your kind efforts.

Good on yer.

Mr B
You're very welcome. But just know that depending on how old your processor is (must support SSE2), I've built Windows versions (of the very latest Sigil) that will run fine on Windows XP. They're in the Unofficial Windows Builds thread if you want to give them a shot.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #69
sgtrock
sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: various
Thumbs up

Just wanted to add my thanks for your work on this. I'm currently using Debian testing. It installed cleanly and seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again!
sgtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #70
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated the first post to include a link to the latest Sigil release (v0.8.3)
Old 03-31-2015, 08:44 AM   #71
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated the first post to include a link to the latest Sigil release (v0.8.5)

Only the 64-bit version for now. If someone really, really needs the 32-bit version, just let me know.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:12 PM   #72
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Downloaded and installed. Works great. Thank you for providing this.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #73
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated the first post to include a link to the latest Sigil release (v0.8.6)

Only the 64-bit version for now. I promise I'll get to the 32-bit version sometime soon, but I'm done with uploading/downloading/compiling for today.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #74
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I promise I'll get to the 32-bit version sometime soon, but I'm done with uploading/downloading/compiling for today.
Oh, rats. I was too impatient, and having heard no screams of frustration from linux users over the first few days, I went ahead and built 0.8.6 from source. Actually, it went rather painlessly, following the instructions in the zip file (in contrast to older builds, which required a lot of serious prayer, some cmake secret incantations, and the sacrifice of a goat or chicken to succeed )

NB: I'm running Kubuntu 14.04.2, aka Trusty Tahr (our standard shop linux environment), so I did have to install cmake 3.x first, as well as Qt5.4.1. That went fine. The rest of the standard Trusty build environment seems to be adequate.

I did notice one glitch in the instructions: if they are followed literally, the cmake source code directory should be

Code:
$ cmake [blah blah] ~/sigil-x.y.z/src/Sigil-0.8.6

instead of 
$ cmake [blah blah]  ~/sigil-x.y.z/src
and in my situation, I chose to set the install directory to
Code:
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
for a global installation, and therefore used the following commands after the cmake command completed:
Code:
$ make
$ sudo make install
I was then able to use
Code:
 $ sudo make linuxbinpkg
to make a deb file for installation on other machines without having to separately install Qt5.4.

I realize, of course, that's what you're about to do anyway, but I mention the above in case anyone else may be trying to install from source.

And in closing, a big Thank You! for your efforts in supporting us linux users for quite some time! I've often benefited from your builds -- and advice.

All the best,
Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #75
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you!

I added the 32-bit version of 0.8.6 to the first post.