Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #121
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The thing is, the overdrive.com link is the correct link. All the links I use are using overdrive.com. I think the ocls.info address is just not correct.
ocls.info is the main site for the Orange County (Florida) Library System.

Besides OverDrive (https://ocls.overdrive.com/) they support e-book lending via Freading (https://ocls.freading.com/) Axis 360 (http://ocls.axis360.baker-taylor.com/), Hoopla (https://www.hoopladigital.com/), and their own e-book system - ePULP (http://vufind.ocls.info/vufind/).

Last edited by jhowell; 09-16-2017 at 04:16 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #122
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
ocls.info is the main site for the Orange County (Florida) Library System.

Besides OverDrive (https://ocls.overdrive.com/) they support e-book lending via Freading (https://ocls.freading.com/) Axis 360 (http://ocls.axis360.baker-taylor.com/), Hoopla (https://www.hoopladigital.com/), and their own e-book system - ePULP (http://vufind.ocls.info/vufind/).
I had no problem opening https://www.ocls.info/ from Canada and I don't have an account with them. Your problem just made me check if I could.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:39 AM   #123
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Can someone explain the sign up process to Orange County. How you pay and all that. I'm asking for a friend.
Do you just fill out the register form? Where it says Florida Driver's license do you just put your state's drivers license number? Any info is greatly appreciated on how it works.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:48 AM   #124
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Can someone explain the sign up process to Orange County. How you pay and all that. I'm asking for a friend.
Do you just fill out the register form? Where it says Florida Driver's license do you just put your state's drivers license number? Any info is greatly appreciated on how it works.
Blossom, I cannot answer about USA data. I think I wrote down my ID card number, but I don't remember (long time ago). I pay through a CC the fee every year (they add a "fine" to the website and you pay with a card).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:50 AM   #125
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Blossom, I cannot answer about USA data. I think I wrote down my ID card number, but I don't remember (long time ago). I pay through a CC the fee every year (they add a "fine" to the website and you pay with a card).
Did you have to send a photo copy of your ID like Brooklyn requires every year?

Sent from my XT1528
Old 11-02-2017, 02:13 AM   #126
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 7
It says driver's license, state ID or passport ID number are acceptable.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:11 AM   #127
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you have to send a photo copy of your ID like Brooklyn requires every year?
I don't think so. I've been checking and I haven't found an email sending it (I send an scanned copy by email).
Old 11-02-2017, 06:15 AM   #128
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Okay thanks for all the info.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 11-02-2017, 06:45 AM   #129
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry not having more but I have had the card around three years now, I don't remember a lot of things Anyway, I think the scanned id is only for Brooklyn.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #130
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
I've received the application form but before committing would like to know how it compares to KU?.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:43 AM   #131
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
I've received the application form but before committing would like to know how it compares to KU?.
KU is a fixed amount per month (I think its $9.99 per month) but it is not accessible overseas. You have access to their entire database of KU which is a mix of mainstream (minority) ,independent and self published books.

Depending on the library you subscribe to, you pay the fixed rate for 6 or 12 months (I have OCLS and pay $125 annual as an overseas patron). You get their entire database (mainly mainstream publishers but some indies as well) and can borrow up to 20 items at a time and put 15 items on hold at a time.

So it depends on your reading preferences. For me, the library is a better option.
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:30 AM   #132
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
but it is not accessible overseas.
Sorry I should have mentioned I'm currently a KU member and have been for the last few years. The library I'm inquiring about is the free library of philadelphia.

For $50 dollars a year I think I'll give it a try.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #133
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
KU is mostly Amazon-only, self-published books while FLP as a mainstream library has the books of the major publishers. A much, much better value, IMO.

OTOH, by the specs KU lets you borrow ten books at a time, no waiting, while FLP lets you borrow six at a time and there are hold lists on popular books.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #134
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Note that FLP has multiple sources for ebooks (Overdrive, FReading, ...), Audiobooks, music, and video.

I'm not familiar with KU, but it may (in addition to Prime) include the above.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #135
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Any other libraries which allow totally online subscription? They don't have to be in USA.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote