Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
scarlettruin
Connoisseur
scarlettruin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung 10 Inch Tablet 2016 & Samsung S10+
Can you transfer books from CC to Calibre?

Hi
My computer died, and I'm slowly resetting my calibre library up again. The thing is, I can't find some of the ebooks I've bought. They are on my CC from before my computer broke though - is there anyway to transfer them back to my laptop's calibre? Can you send metadata backwards instead/too?

Thanks !
scarlettruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettruin View Post
Hi
My computer died, and I'm slowly resetting my calibre library up again. The thing is, I can't find some of the ebooks I've bought. They are on my CC from before my computer broke though - is there anyway to transfer them back to my laptop's calibre? Can you send metadata backwards instead/too?

Thanks !
Yes. The steps:
  1. Before doing anything more, in calibre go to Preferences / Adding books and check the box "Read metadata from file contents instead of file name". If you don't do this then none of the uploaded books will have usable metadata. Even with it checked the book metadata might be incorrect, especially for formats other than epub.
  2. Connect CC to calibre as a wireless device.
  3. In calibre, go to the Device view (the toolbar icon that looks like a phone/tablet).
  4. Sort on the First column (In Library). The books on your device but not in calibre will be at the top.
  5. Select all the books you want to add to your library.
  6. Right click on a selected book and choose "Add books to library".
  7. Disconnect CC.
  8. In the library view: sort descending by the "Date" column. You should see the books you just added at the top.
  9. For each book, check and correct the metadata.
I suggest that you first do the above steps with a book or two. That way you will understand what is happening before uploading a lot of books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote