Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Story HD on sale 6-28 thru 6-30

I got an email from iriver saying the StoryHD is on sale 6-28 thru 6-30 for US$69.99.

It says the sale prices will be effective on Amazon and Buy.com as well as their own E store.

Not as good as Targets close out sale but still not bad for those who missed the boat.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Apparently, there are similar offers in Europe.

Not sure if marketing or just last rites... probably the latter.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I agree, last rites. Unless iriver's MP3/4 players are still popular in Asia, or where ever they manage to sell them (certainly not in North America), I don't see how this company can survive. What do they sell that is of current interest to electronic consumers. It's already a fraction of what it once was, with nothing on the horizon.

Too bad really. I've always like their hardware design.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJ View Post
I got an email from iriver saying the StoryHD is on sale 6-28 thru 6-30 for US$69.99.

It says the sale prices will be effective on Amazon and Buy.com as well as their own E store.

Not as good as Targets close out sale but still not bad for those who missed the boat.
Well, I just checked both sites. On Amazon it is still at $130... and on Buy.com new ones are I think $90... only refurbished ones are $69.99. That is not that low a price on a refurbished unit with a doubtful future.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
CJJ
Zealot

Bad advertising. It makes no mention that the device is a refurb. Borderline bait-and -switch if you ask me. Shame on you iriver, shame.

Here's the email: (notice it says "new" in the first paragraph) New to you, I guess. I inserted the bold effect.

3-Day
Summer Sale!
June 28-30
Looking for a new device to get hooked to this summer? The iriver 3-day summer sale is going on from 6/28-6/30! Be sure to check the iriver E-Store, Amazon.com, and Buy.com on great deals on our devices starting from 35%-50% off (on select items).

Our best sellers like the E300, Mirror Case, and the Story HD e-reader are on sale. Get yours while supplies last!

E300 MP3 Player
Reg. $69.99 / Sale. $45.49

iPhone Mirror Case
Reg. $29.99 / Sale. $15.00

Sound Donut (Portable Bluetooth Speaker)
Reg. $129.99 / Sale. $97.49

Story HD Wi-Fi e-Reader
Reg. $99.99 / Sale. $69.99

Got comments, feedback, or just want to let us know how we can improve? The iriver blog, Twitter, and Facebook pages are your sources to send us your thoughts on iriver!