Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Over 20 Free ebooks from Horror author Iain Rob Wright

I posted this in the Horror/Supernatural thread, but think it is significant enough to warrant its own.

Horror author Iain Rob Wright has made most of his books FREE this weekend, in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

In a blog post, he writes:

Quote:
Quarantine Sucks!

My family and I have been stuck indoors for 8 days now. I was the first to get ill, so my quarantine ended yesterday which meant I could go and buy Pot Noodles and Monster Munch, but other than sporadic supply runs, my family will continue to stay indoors. My father has chronic lung disease, so seeing him for the next few months is probably out of the question.

Now, if it were just Sal and I, we would give in to a hedonistic lifestyle of Netflix, Pot Noodles, and ridiculous lay ins, but the problem is that we have a 3 and a 5 year old who are going completely out of their minds. Schools are now closed for the foreseeable future, and social distancing precludes them seeing their friends or going anywhere fun like Soft Play or the zoo.

And yet we are really lucky.

While having to suddenly parent 24hrs a day / 7 days a week with little time to work, my next book will almost certainly be delayed (sorry about that), and that will cost me money; but all things considered, I am far more secure in my job than most other people. I have friends who are worried about paying their bills, keeping their jobs, and maintaining their businesses. I have watched them turn grey almost over night. I feel for them. I spent most my life worrying about money until I eventually got my shit together (by marrying someone sensible), and it sucks.

I also have friends in cramped houses, friends with multiple children, and friends who are usually 'outdoorsy' or sociable. Needless to say, they are suffering.

Many are suffering.

We'll get through this - of course we will - but things right now are hard for us all. We need to stick together and help one another in whatever ways we can. We must help each other. So no more toilet paper hoarding, if that's you!

I'm not a doctor or a frontline nurse. I don't work at a charity or a school. There are many jobs which are heroic in nature, but I don't have one of them. I'm just a pampered writer.

The only thing I do is write books. The only thing I can do is give people books.

So that's the least I can do.

To help those stuck indoors with nothing to do, I have made all of my books free for the entire weekend. You don't have to read them right away as they will remain free to read so long as you grab them this weekend. Needless to say, this offer pertains only to the ebook versions of my books....

I won't link to twenty-odd books in an email, so I'll just say that you should visit Amazon and search for my name - or use the links below:
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Iain-Rob-Wr...198&sr=1-2-ent

US - https://www.amazon.com/Iain-Rob-Wrig...ne_cont_book_1

Quote:
Anyway, as I said, my next book, Rebirth, might be a little delayed, but I am trying my best to work on it whenever I can. In the meantime, I hope you stay healthy in body and mind, and that this crisis passes us all by soon.

Prayers, good vibes, and bountiful Pot Noodles to you.

Iain
Many of his books are interconnected, so this is a great opportunity to pick up the lot.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you!

Picked up 17 titles from 'The Author Who Never Sleeps'.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:59 AM   #3
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
It seems that most of his books are only on Amazon 😅
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:30 AM   #4
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Well rip.

I missed it lol.

I did sign up on his website and got his 5 free introductory books.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Try his website to see if any are listed as free.

Also, send him a message. He's a very nice and accommodating person.

(Strike that first sentence.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote