Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
The_Bookworm
The_Bookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Creating e-pub with Sigil, cannot change font in Sony PRS-T2

Hi, all.

I'm sorry to bother you, but it seems I cannot find a solution to my problem.

I have a Sony PRS-T2, not rooted, perfectly functioning.
I read lots of fics, that I like to merge in a whole e-pub, divided into various chapters and sub-chapters.

My problem is, some chapters I can read smoothly and change the font size, other have a minuscule font size that the e-reader won't enlarge nor reduce at all.

Is there a way to set up Sigil into using (or creating, or whatever the way is?), for every chapter in the e-book, the same (changeable) font size?

Please note I do not know anything about css, phyton or other (for me) amenities.

Someone can help me, please?
The_Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Simple answer: NO

Normal Answer: Learn CSS styling. This is not Calculus
Most e-books (EPUB2) use the simplest form of HTML /CSS
Grab a couple of EPUB from the Baen Free Library (A authorized download site). Pick from some of the older titles (Webscription era)
Look at the code with Sigil

I suggest Sigil because you can right click the Tag and (Jump) Goto Link or Style and it syncs you to the spot in the CSS (If it lands at the top, it usuall means a style that is not defined)
It can be really SIMPLE for basic Novels. The more exotic coding is for special cases.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Theducks is right. There is no magic pill. The answer is that you NEED to learn some css and html to work with epubs. At least a little bit. Python has noting to do with epub. Sigil has no "make all fonts the same in every chapter" button. You'll have to study the css to find why it's happening and manually fix it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-24-2020 at 04:20 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Post your CSS (in a code block) so we can see what you've done wrong.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:46 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No. Not here. Do so in the epub forum, please.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote