Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-03-2017, 03:54 AM   #1
andr01dm
andr01dm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Embedding all URL linked images during conversion

Hello.

I downloaded an epub from a fan-fic website which includes a lot of images which are embedded using web URLs. (ie: http://imagewebsite.com/image.jpg) They display fine in Calibre on my PC but do not show up when I convert it (mobi or ezw3) and read it on my Kindle.

Is there a way to get Calibre to download the images, embed them and update the URLs to the local files during conversion? I've tried doing it manually and it works, but I don't see any option to do this automatically.

Thank you.
andr01dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
conversion deliberately does not do this as I like the process to be as deterministic as possible, and downloading resources is not at all deterministic. You can use the calibre editor which has a tool for this purpose (Tools->External links->download external resources)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
andr01dm
andr01dm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Ah ha! That worked perfectly.

Thank you. :D
andr01dm is offline   Reply With Quote