Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #1
kateo0
kateo0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Post Can Calibre help with page numbers for Amazon Fire?

I'm pretty new to Calibre. I downloaded required books for a class that starts in January. They were in the .mobi format. I side loaded them onto my Kindle Fire HD, and they appeared in Books. I then decided to put a copy on my iPad, so used Calibre to convert to epub, and then opened in iBooks. Two things I prefer in the epub version: the Table of Contents has a much nicer look, and there are page numbers! In the class, most participants will have a paper book, and I'm thinking the instructor will be referring to page numbers. Is there any way I can get page numbers to show up on my Kindle fire? If so, can Calibre help me do this?
kateo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The page numbers you see when reading the EPUB are fake and will not match the page numbers from the paper version or from any other reader software. The quivalent of page numbers for kindles is the location number, which you typically see in the bottom right corner.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #3
kateo0
kateo0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks!

Thank you for that clear explanation! And thank you for making the Calibre app!
kateo0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, mobi, page numbers