Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Help me find this book/series

Recently I was talking with my wife and she mentioned something about a person in a movie being a"cape fighter" and it struck a cord.

I remember reading part of but maybe not all of a fantasy novel probably 20 some years ago that involved a character who was a cape fighter. It may or may not have been a series. I think I was staying somewhere when I started reading it and didnt finish before I left.

I believe there was "special" training so there were only a few of these cape fighters around. The capes were specially weighted on the corners and had dragon scales or something to make them sharp too.

I also remember that the world itself was "broken" with bits of the planet hovering next to each other but there still being a "top" to each piece and a bottom. There was also I believe an enemy that lived on the "bottom" that crawled up to attack some times.

Anyone remember reading it and the title?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
paganpete
paganpete began at the beginning.

Device: Binatone Readme Daily
Sorry Dulin, can't recall anything like that - sounds like a D&D style story?
paganpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Might the novel you are thinking of be Broken Worlds by Gareth Lewis.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No that's not it. but thanks for the suggestion
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Yet another find-the-book site

I found this link on the third page of a google search...

Maybe the second book here is yours?

What bunch of South African fighter and Dungeon&Dragon traders I had to wade through to find that! I think I don't have enough to do...

Last edited by pholy; 01-26-2011 at 12:41 PM.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Maybe the second book here is yours?
I'm worthless here, but I'll post an Amazon link to the book pholy mentioned in that post, Shattered World by Michael Reaves.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard

YES!!!!! THANK YOU!! I had gone2-3 pages deep in my searches but had not come across that- and CLOAK FIGHTERS instead of cape fighters a little change in the search and I would have had it .

Im going to go get these in paper AND epub They were published by Baen.

I've read allot of the Author's other work http://www.michaelreaves.com He's written some Star Wars and others . Take a look at the TV he's written http://www.michaelreaves.com/tv_internet.htm including Dungeons and Dragons

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-26-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Yay! one used hard cover and one used trade paperback at Powells ill pick them up on friday thanks again!