Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #106
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
I just finished the Palmyra Impact. I really liked it and will read the two others books.

Boyd, thank you for this book. I hope that you will get published and that you will keep writing

Here the review I left on Goodreads :

Quite good. The author did some serious research for this book and it shows nicely.
The main characters were all a little bit too polished and artificial for my taste; I never really connected to them. I liked a lot more some of the secondary characters.
But the fast paced story more than make up for that. I couldn’t put the book down till late at night, and finished it in less than two days.
A great reading, you might want to set it aside for your next beach vacations. As a plus, you will learn what to do if a tsunami is coming your way.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #107
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
I just finished The Palmyra Impact. I couldn't put it down, even though it made me horribly anxious about the lovely Hawaii I remember from my honeymoon!

Many thanks for the book! Good stuff!
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 02:52 AM   #108
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon lime View Post
While I enjoyed all three, Boyd's writing improved a lot between Adamas Blueprint and his next 2 books. I would suggest reading Adamas first. It's a lot more impressive to see how much his writing skills progressed.
Hmmm , 1/3th in The Ark now (and loving it).... Have to make Adamas my second then.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #109
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congratulations!! I just finished Adamas Blueprint, but have to admit that The Ark was my absolute favorite.
Thanks, Dreams! Glad you liked it. And thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrWatson View Post
I'm finishing The Ark, it's a great reading......but I have to say that you made Tyler a little bit too perfect, I'm always saying to myself "This Tyler sounds just like me"
Thanks, MrDrWatson! Since you're like Tyler, you must lead a pretty exciting life! I should get you to tell me some stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
That is a great article. If kindle was in Canada I'd definitely hook you up with another review. As it is I will just say that I am enjoying The Ark and am looking forward to your other works.
Thanks, mklynds! Actually, if you ever buy anything from the US Amazon, you can leave a review for any product. You don't have to buy that particular product from Amazon to leave a review for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
I just finished the Palmyra Impact. I really liked it and will read the two others books.

Boyd, thank you for this book. I hope that you will get published and that you will keep writing
Thanks for the Goodreads review, Faenad! With support like I'm getting from readers on Mobileread, I am definitely going to continue writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archergal5219 View Post
I just finished The Palmyra Impact. I couldn't put it down, even though it made me horribly anxious about the lovely Hawaii I remember from my honeymoon!

Many thanks for the book! Good stuff!
Thanks, Archergal! Unfortunately, something like what happens in The Palmyra Impact will happen someday, maybe tomorrow, maybe in a million years, but I hope it's not before I get a few more trips to Hawaii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Hmmm , 1/3th in The Ark now (and loving it).... Have to make Adamas my second then.
Thanks, ErwinOtten! The Adamas Blueprint is more of a ordinary-guy-in-an-extraordinary-situation kind of story, rather than a sprawling action/adventure like The Ark.
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #110
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Boyd has pulled his books both from his site and Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd
Feel free to post what I've said already, that my books were pulled
because I'm negotiating a publishing deal and that I can't say anything
else at this time, but that I will give an update when I have more
concrete news.
I already said this in my email but congrats to Boyd! Looks like his dream is about to come true.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #111
jcf
Enthusiast
jcf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Boyd has pulled his books both from his site and Amazon.

I already said this in my email but congrats to Boyd! Looks like his dream is about to come true.
Yes, I noticed that too.

Good for you, Boyd - congratulations!

Lesson: download freebies right away!
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #112
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcf View Post
Yes, I noticed that too.

Good for you, Boyd - congratulations!

Lesson: download freebies right away!
Bummer... I thought I had plenty of time to get a read them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #113
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Bummer... I thought I had plenty of time to get a read them.

BOb
You should always download freebies as soon as you see them. You never know how long they'll be up for and they all usually get taken down eventually.

I have a folder of non-Kindle source freebies on my computer just waiting to be transfered
Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #114
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Well done Boyd. Truly deserved.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 AM   #115
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I hope our comments and feedback helped prompt a publisher to make the decision to publish your books, Boyd. They're beautifully written stories.

Best of luck and thank you for sharing your books with us!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:00 AM   #116
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Finally! Good luck Boyd! Remember us when you're rich and famous!
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #117
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Congratulations Mr. Morrison. From the feedback here, it is well deserved.

I also wish to commend you on how you've handled yourself in this forum. You have displayed a good deal of character and honor. You worked with the readers to deliver different formats to allow a wide audience to read your books for free. You also allowed those same readers to promote and praise your book as opposed to constant self-promotion and thread bumping. By allowing your talent and hard work to speak for you, you have become a shining example for other aspiring writers.

May you find continued success in your writing career.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #118
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I also just noticed the books are gone from Amazon... I hope I did not end up loosing them all together since I actually paid for them...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #119
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Good luck Boyd!
I hope your next books will still be available as Ebook.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #120
Sporadic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I also just noticed the books are gone from Amazon... I hope I did not end up loosing them all together since I actually paid for them...
No, even if a book is pulled, you should still have access to it in Manage Your Kindle on Amazon.com