Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #91
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Hey Boyd, I downloaded your books off your site today. I haven't had a chance to dig in yet but after reading Joe's blog I can't wait until I finish my current book. And being compared to Michael Crichton is a big compliment. I am a huge fan of Michael Crichton's work. Sad that he left us too soon. I will post some comments when I have read some of your work. Oh and thanks for the free books.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #92
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Boyd, I am in the middle of reading 'The Ark', and to say that I am enjoying it, is to put it mildly.

It's just as well that they are ebooks, and that I am reading them on the Kindle (name Pandora), because if I did not have the others with me, and I finished the first one, I would be very angry with myself.

Thank you very much for making them available.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #93
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Finally got around to reading all 3! I preferred The Ark and Palmyra Impact over Adamas Blueprint but even Blueprint was good. Great job and thanks for making them available!
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #94
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I left a note to JA Konrath that it was a,"Nice write up about Boyd Morrison on your 5/24 blog post...

Congratulations, Boyd, and thank you for sharing your work.
Thanks, Dreams! I appreciate it. Joe and I have corresponded a lot about this ebook biz, but I don't know what his plans for other formats is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Hey Boyd, I downloaded your books off your site today. I haven't had a chance to dig in yet but after reading Joe's blog I can't wait until I finish my current book. And being compared to Michael Crichton is a big compliment. I am a huge fan of Michael Crichton's work. Sad that he left us too soon. I will post some comments when I have read some of your work. Oh and thanks for the free books.
Thanks, Mklynds! I hope you enjoy them. I agree that being compared to the creator of Jurassic Park is a huge compliment. If only I could live up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
Boyd, I am in the middle of reading 'The Ark', and to say that I am enjoying it, is to put it mildly.

It's just as well that they are ebooks, and that I am reading them on the Kindle (name Pandora), because if I did not have the others with me, and I finished the first one, I would be very angry with myself.

Thank you very much for making them available.

Cheers
Thanks, Nohmi2! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Finally got around to reading all 3! I preferred The Ark and Palmyra Impact over Adamas Blueprint but even Blueprint was good. Great job and thanks for making them available!
That's great to hear, Texasnightowl (great handle)! The Adamas Blueprint is a much earlier work than The Ark and The Palmyra Impact, and I think that's clear in the writing style, but I still love the story. I'm glad you liked them all.

If any of you have access to Amazon and feel that my novels are worthy of a good review, I'd love for you to post one. Like this forum, it's a great way for me to find new readers.

Cheers,
Boyd
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:41 AM   #95
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Boyd, as I've said before, I enjoyed reading The Ark very much.

However... I enjoyed The Palmyra Impact even more!

Its a wonderful rollercoaster read - I just couldn't put it down. Its brilliant! I love your writing style. I can picture the characters and events happening and I can really get lost in your books. I'm so grateful that you're sharing them with us, thank you.

Starting The Adamas Blueprint...
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #96
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Is there a reading order ? Thanks in advance !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #97
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
They're all stand-alone books.

I just read them in the order that they're in Boyd's signature... no other reason
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #98
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Boyd, as I've said before, I enjoyed reading The Ark very much.

However... I enjoyed The Palmyra Impact even more!

Its a wonderful rollercoaster read - I just couldn't put it down. Its brilliant! I love your writing style. I can picture the characters and events happening and I can really get lost in your books. I'm so grateful that you're sharing them with us, thank you.

Starting The Adamas Blueprint...
Thanks, Cbell!

As you mentioned, the books are all standalone thrillers. I wrote The Adamas Blueprint first, then The Palmyra Impact, then The Ark.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #99
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hi Boyd

I have read all three now and The Palmyra Impact was my favourite, real edge of the chair stuff I seriously couldn't put it down, I had to do a lot of stealth reading at work for that one LOL. I loved them all mind you!

Can't wait for another book!

Cheers from down under
Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #100
lemon lime
Enthusiast
lemon lime began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook, iPod touch
While I enjoyed all three, Boyd's writing improved a lot between Adamas Blueprint and his next 2 books. I would suggest reading Adamas first. It's a lot more impressive to see how much his writing skills progressed.
lemon lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #101
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
all ! Then I was right to start with Adamas Blueprint as I did !
(I always prefer to read books in writing order ! )
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #102
Boydm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon lime View Post
While I enjoyed all three, Boyd's writing improved a lot between Adamas Blueprint and his next 2 books. I would suggest reading Adamas first. It's a lot more impressive to see how much his writing skills progressed.
While I still love The Adamas Blueprint, I agree that my writing has matured since then. That's what nine years between books will do for you.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #103
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
Here's a cool article about the ebook success of some self-published authors, including me, written by Switch11.

http://ireaderreview.com/2009/06/05/...-rising-stars/
You beat me to it!! I was going to post here about that same catch by wallcraft at..
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48438

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This is the title of a post by switch11 at http://ireaderreview.com/. It includes five authors, some of whom have been mentioned here before. I bought a couple of the ebooks today, based on the reviews. The post also mentions that in one case Kindle sales rank #18 represented about about 500 copies per day.

Are there other "rising stars" you would recommend?
Congratulations!! I just finished Adamas Blueprint, but have to admit that The Ark was my absolute favorite.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #104
MrDrWatson
MrDrWatson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
I'm finishing The Ark, it's a great reading......but I have to say that you made Tyler a little bit too perfect, I'm always saying to myself "This Tyler sounds just like me"
MrDrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #105
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
That is a great article. If kindle was in Canada I'd definitely hook you up with another review. As it is I will just say that I am enjoying The Ark and am looking forward to your other works.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote