Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 AM   #76
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
There's always the possibility of Publish On Demand(POD) through http://www.lulu.com or similar services?

I've been running out of material to read lately so nice I found this will need to give them a go...
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #77
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I about a 3rd of the way though The Ark... I went ahead and purchased all 3 book from Amazon even though they are available for free.
Cheers!
-Rob
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #78
BookLoverToo
Enthusiast
BookLoverToo doesn't litterBookLoverToo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Just finished The Palmyra Impact. What I found interesting was that it was a different type of book than The Ark, but still kept me up at night (and apparently talking to my husband in my sleep about it). Way to go Boyd!
BookLoverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #79
traffordcentre
traffordcentre began at the beginning.

Device: sony e reader
Wow - what great praise for these books! I have just bought a PRS 505 and am waiting for it to be delivered. Cant wait to receive it so i can download all 3 books!!! Thanks for making them freely available to download
traffordcentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #80
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Download them now so they will be ready to load once your 505 arrives.

I have finished The Ark and am 50% through The Adamas Blueprint. These are really good books.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #81
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Thanks for the free ebooks!!

I agree it is a great way for us to sample your books. They look very interesting and a good read. I look forward to checking them out.

Thanks again!!
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #82
Gerry
Enthusiast
Gerry began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Thank you Boyd!

All three books were real page turners! A great read! And i will go on Amazon to review them.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #83
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I left a well deserved review on Amazon for you Boyd! Great work
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #84
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Hi everyone! Thanks for the kind words and for leaving me such great reviews on Amazon. I really appreciate it.

I don't think Lulu.com or other publish-on-demand services are right for me because I don't really want the hassle of publishing myself (on Kindle and my web site, it's relatively easy), plus POD books typically end up costing $15 or more for a paperback which seems way too high. I think they'll stay ebooks for now.

Cheers,
Boyd
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #85
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
I don't think Lulu.com or other publish-on-demand services are right for me because I don't really want the hassle of publishing myself (on Kindle and my web site, it's relatively easy), plus POD books typically end up costing $15 or more for a paperback which seems way too high. I think they'll stay ebooks for now.
I wonder if it'd be worth you & 'ahi' having a chat, as while your genres are quite different, he seems to be going in for pbook publishing (via Amazon) with associated ebooks - See here and http://www.paxlibrorum.com/.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #86
MrDrWatson
MrDrWatson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Hi Boyd, I'm reading the Ark and I'm really enjoying it. I'll recommend this book to all my friends! Thanks and keep writing!

Greetings from Portugal
MrDrWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #87
lemon lime
Enthusiast
lemon lime began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook, iPod touch
Boyd, I just finished reading all three and I really enjoyed them just as much as (probably more than) what passes as popular fiction. As a diving archaeologist, I found some minor things slightly objectionable , but I got over those quickly because the stories are just that good. I'm impressed that you've improved with each book, instead of writing the same story over again, something that some successful novelists tend to do. I wish you success and look forward to your next novels.

-A new fan from the Philippines
lemon lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #88
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDrWatson View Post
Hi Boyd, I'm reading the Ark and I'm really enjoying it. I'll recommend this book to all my friends! Thanks and keep writing!

Greetings from Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon lime View Post
Boyd, I just finished reading all three and I really enjoyed them just as much as (probably more than) what passes as popular fiction. As a diving archaeologist, I found some minor things slightly objectionable , but I got over those quickly because the stories are just that good. I'm impressed that you've improved with each book, instead of writing the same story over again, something that some successful novelists tend to do. I wish you success and look forward to your next novels.

-A new fan from the Philippines
How great is it that I have readers in Portugal and the Philippines! Thanks!

Yes, I admit to taking a few creative liberties in my stories, but they are mostly of the improbable kind, rarely the impossible kind, although I'll leave it up to Mythbusters to confirm or bust the crazier ones (I'm a certified scuba diver myself, so I tried to make the underwater scenes this side of plausible). Think about when a friend tells you a story about something that actually happened to them. If your reaction is "Oh, really," the story was probably mildly interesting about something rather mundane. But if your reaction was "No way!", then it was probably an awesome story about something really improbable. Those are the ones I want to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
I wonder if it'd be worth you & 'ahi' having a chat, as while your genres are quite different, he seems to be going in for pbook publishing (via Amazon) with associated ebooks - See here and http://www.paxlibrorum.com/.
Thanks! That's an interesting idea.
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #89
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

I have downloaded all three, and look forward to reading them.

Will also give a review as well.

Many thanks.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #90
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
BTW, I got a nice mention in Joe Konrath's blog yesterday on ebooks: http://jakonrath.blogspot.com

It was very nice. I cut this part to share...

"Boyd Morrison is outselling me on Kindle, doing the same thing I'm doing: good product, low price point. Even though Boyd has been blurbed by some major bestsellers, he hasn't gotten a print contract yet. I stress "yet" because eventually NY Publishing is going to see Boyd's success on Kindle and want a piece of it."

He also acknowledged you on one of the threads.. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44600

... "Several people have contacted me asking if I could make my free ebooks Kindle-ready.

I had no idea what that meant, so I asked a Kindle-savvy author, Boyd Morrison www.BoydMorrison.com, and he led me in the right direction. Incidentally, Boyd's books are Michael Crichton type techno-thrillers and are very good, and very inexpensive on Kindle."

I left a note to JA Konrath that it was a,"Nice write up about Boyd Morrison on your 5/24 blog post...

also, the below .. (hint, hint ?)

... The offering of his (Boyd Morrison's) work in multiple formats also helped in his recognition. (This is an international forum and it was GREATLY appreciated.) ....

Congratulations, Boyd, and thank you for sharing your work.

Last edited by dreams; 05-25-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added linky etc
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote