Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #121
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
So, then the ebook and print book HAVE (in some cases) different regional restrictions? Because I was talking about a book of which I could buy the US paper edition from amazon.DE, but could not buy the digital edition from amazon.com.
Correct. Digital rights are a different section of the author contract in all of my contracts. Foreign rights are again a different section, and the whole thing is horribly complicated by the way contracts were written in the old days, before anyone really thought about eReaders. Originally, I used to get 50% royalty on digital rights! The publisher could be generous, since they didn't think it would ever amount to anything. Try getting that today!

Charlie Russel
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote