Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Thierry
Thierry began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 700
Good morning to ...

Good morning to everyone,
I am Thierry from Urbana-Champaign, I glad to be here. hopefully you are all doing fine. I have just bought a sony prs 700 and I have to acknowledge that it helps a lot the likes of me who enjoy reading anytime and anywhere. Just that, I am meeting some troubles I wish you could help me work out.
1-first of all, the sony prs 700 doesn't have a built'in dictionary and I am wondering how to create one in it without using the option search which is not effective at all.
2-What's more, It has trouble reading scientific papers of this kind
http://www.rsc.org/delivery/_Article...JournalCode=JM
Any suggestion? any help?
Thanks a million in advance and take care
Thierry T
Thierry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Thierry and welcome to MobileRead. For scientific papers, I've copied them into a word document then moved them over to the reader and they seem to work okay.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobilRead, Thierry.

Hopefully, someone more familiar with the 700 will jump in soon to answer your questions.

In the meantime, be sure and download some of the many books we have here beautifully formatted by our own members.

Enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Thierry

Thanks for welcoming me (jorge and the unknown author),
To jorge,
When say you copy the scientific paper into a word document, do you mean you convert it from .pdf to .doc?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Thanks for welcoming me (jorge and the unknown author),
To jorge,
When say you copy the scientific paper into a word document, do you mean you convert it from .pdf to .doc?
I usually just do a copy/paste into MSoft Word
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 05:50 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! I hope you have been helped out with your question.

Do you work at the UofI?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Thierry

I do work at the U of I as a visiting scholar. How about you? Sorry for answering so late. Just that I am not used to the site. I am gonna try jorge's suggestion that is to copy the pdf content and paste it in a word document. hopefully it's gonna work for me.
As for the dictionary, I haven't gotten any reply so far. Any suggestion on how to create a dictionary in the sony prs 700 reader?
Thanks again
Old 06-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Wonderful! I grew up in IL, and the vast majority of my friends attended UofI. I went my own road instead

Have you been to the sony 700 board? Hopefully someone there has the knowledge to help you out.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote