Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Thanks to MR moderators and implementors

MR is only the second or third forum that I ever tried to follow. It is the only one I continue to follow. After recently looking at the Tor forum, I now understand why. The Tor forum is not bad. None of the others were either. But the MR forum is fantastic. It is easy to get around in - i.e. user friendly. The moderators are very helpful as are the general users. So I just wanted to say to all of you.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you know, that is exactly the same reaction i had. reading that thread made me feel all warm and fuzzy about the mr team. it's nice to say thank you to them so i'd like to say it too, and i'm speaking without my green cape on right now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hear, hear! Without the moderators this would be just another SPAM clogged, unhelpful site. But, thanks to them, it is efficient and easy to use.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
[B]!!!!![/B]
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Oh well, I just messed up a simple: !!!!!
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
MR is a great forum. One of the best on the net. Really. The people are smart and nice and I find answers to questions/problems that I have not been able to find elsewhere.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thank you slayda, a lot of what you feel started with Alex and Bob years ago as MobileRead was just starting. They have set the tone for careful discussion, spam fighting, respect for other members, and provided the framework for the forum we know today.

You said that you found the site easy to get around. This is no accident or good luck on our part. Remember back a short while ago when Alex did a series or realignments -- moving certain groups of posts, splitting some, combining some. Once upon a time (a few months ago) calibre posts were mixed in with the Sony forum and other development tool posts were spread across multiple areas. Today they are all in one place with calibre having its own forum section. Alex is great at looking at how people are using the site and adjusting it to make their visit easier so they can find what they want as quickly as they can.

The mods you speak of are a unique bunch of people. Each has their own view; but, we all share a common set of core beliefs based on the traditions started by Alex when he opened MobileRead. Each moderator has their own unique skills and areas of interest. It is not an assignment, rather it is what each of us feels comfortable doing and has a passion for doing. For example, Dale has reorganized the Wiki so that it is a viable and valuable resource for the Mobilearead community, Harry initiated the download section plus created a complete set of Dickens ebooks, Nate is a whiz at finding new information about ebook devices, Neko started the custom imprented MobileRead logo area (we selected the lower the price and don't send any money to MobileRead option), Zelda has been a leading force in developing the social side of MobileRead, NatCh and Bob have been the voice of reason when discussions wandered too far off-track, Jon has been investigated most books posted at MobileRead for copyright problems, and Patricia has corrected, formatted, and uploaded over 1,800 books. There are other moderators that you may not see too often that also contribute to the care and feeding of MobileRead.

We are pleased that you are here and glad that you enjoy the forums.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I have said it before. This is the only forum I read regularly and it is because it is fast and it never forgets what I have read or mark something as read that I have not read. I cannot stand forum where the unread marking disappear without you having read things.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
... And RWood is extremely good at noticing trends and patterns in the flow of the board, and pointing them out to the rest of us, which has been absolutely priceless on several occasions.

However, as I never tire of pointing out, as much as we mods work to keep MobileRead pleasant and positive, it's really the members that make that work. If you lot were bent on making MR a flame-ridden snake pit, there's really very little we mods could do to stop you.

So: right a round of applause for you, MobileReaders!

NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I would like to add my thanks as well. Not only can you make friends here, you can learn so much about whatever particular device(s) you have. You can laugh at the "ministry of unutterable silliness' forum, you can argue the relative merits of different e-book readers, you can even knock heads with different perspectives on downloading books from the "darkside". No one is made to feel stupid, for asking questions that must seem stupid to those who have been in this field since the beginning. Your infinite patience is appreciated. Thank you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote