Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 12:59 AM   #1
celalselduz
celalselduz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Kobo Glo HD Internal Memory Problem

ok, so I bought a new kobo glo hd just yesterday. When I plug it into my computer to send some books, after installing drivers, when I clicked on its drive E:, windows gave me "please insert disk in drive E:" error. I tried to connect it in 5 different computers, windows 10 and windows 7, still same error. I tried to format it with a disk partition tool, it seemed to fix the drive, and I was able to put some books in device, but after disconnecting it from my pc, the device got bricked, and I had to force a factory reset, and everything turned back to beginning and "please insert disk in drive E:" error came back. Any advice on how to fix this, or should I return this device?

ps: this is my second kobo glo hd device, first one didnt have that kind of a problem.
celalselduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:48 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the problem only happened with Windows 10, it would probably mean it is caused by one of the recent updates. But, Windows 7 wasn't affected and it should be OK.

The device might be faulty. Formatting using the Windows tools probably wasn't going to work. Try doing a factory reset on the device. That will reformat the books partition. If that fixes things, then good. If it doesn't, return it as faulty.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2016, 02:51 AM   #3
celalselduz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the problem only happened with Windows 10, it would probably mean it is caused by one of the recent updates. But, Windows 7 wasn't affected and it should be OK.

The device might be faulty. Formatting using the Windows tools probably wasn't going to work. Try doing a factory reset on the device. That will reformat the books partition. If that fixes things, then good. If it doesn't, return it as faulty.
It does the same thing on windows 7. I did factory reset like 3 times. Still the same.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:20 AM   #4
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm leaning towards a device problem too, but try installing the Kobo Desktop Application first before trying again; theoretically, if it really is a driver problem, that program should include them.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:22 AM   #5
celalselduz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
I'm leaning towards a device problem too, but try installing the Kobo Desktop Application first before trying again; theoretically, if it really is a driver problem, that program should include them.
Did that too. Desktop app doesnt see the device either.
Advert
Old 10-28-2016, 05:35 AM   #6
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Reboot computer and/or try a different USB cable? Other than that, I've got nothing.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:42 AM   #7
celalselduz

Quote:
Reboot computer and/or try a different USB cable? Other than that, I've got nothing.
Already did all of that.I need a solution for that "insert disk" thing.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Kobo desktop application doesn't install anything that will help with the connection. It relies on the OS mounting the device as an MSD and then accessing the files on the drive in the same way as all other files.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by celalselduz View Post
Already did all of that.I need a solution for that "insert disk" thing.
Based on what you have done, the device is faulty and should be returned.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #10
celalselduz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Based on what you have done, the device is faulty and should be returned.
seems like i should. damn, I'm thinkg about geting a refund and buying a kindle paperwhite.

Tags
disk, glo, insert, kobo