Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-27-2018, 11:23 PM   #2131
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Use code GarthTripleLive to get the new Live Garth Brooks album FREE (must be done on laptop/desktop, not tablet or phone) http://www.Ticketmaster.com/GarthBrooks

Disc 1 of 3
1. The Thunder Rolls (the extended concert version)
2. That Summer
3. Ask Me How I Know
4. Fishin’ In The Dark
5. In Another’s Eyes (the duet with Trisha Yearwood)
6. Rodeo
7. Mom
8. Papa Loved Mama
9. Guy Goin’ Nowhere

Disc 2 of 3
1. Friends In Low Places (the extended concert version)
2. Two Of A Kind, Workin’ On A Full House
3. Unanswered Prayers
4. People Loving People
5. Shameless
6. Ain’t Goin’ Down (‘Til The Sun Comes Up)
7. Tacoma
8. Standing Outside The Fire

Disc 3 of 3
1. Callin’ Baton Rouge
2. The River
3. The Beaches Of Cheyenne
4. The Fireman
5. More Than A Memory
6. Two Piña Coladas
7. Whiskey To Wine (the duet with Trisha Yearwood)
8. We Shall Be Free
9. The Dance
Thanks Picked it up
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #2132
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thanks. We love Garth and I was able to use my Nexus 7 so you don't have to use a computer. It downloads in a zip file.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #2133
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Free NatGeo doc at Vudu
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...eaking2/896817
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:00 PM   #2134
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Gr8 find.

NatGeo and PBS (speaking of U.S. companies) almost invariably have outstanding productions.

Marathons are not a subject that I'm interested in, however. Especially not since the carnage at the one in Boston 3 or 4 years ago.

But, there is one that fascinates me. It's been a while since I've read about it, or seen a documentary about it, so details are fuzzy in my mind (history buffs help me out here), but it involves the Greeks' defeat against the Persians in ancient times. A messenger was sent to Sparta to tell them the good news. It sounds outrageous, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think that the trip was a hundred miles or more, and the messenger _ran_ the entire distance. The messenger did make it to Sparta, gave the good news, and promptly died. The name of the place of the battle and where the runner left from? Marathon.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #2135
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The Chase - Garth Brooks, free at Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Chase-Garth-Brooks/dp/B01LXDFH8L
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #2136
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Triple Live - Garth Brooks, now free at Amazon (previously free elsewhere)...

https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Live-G.../dp/B07HCV1T61
Old 09-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #2137
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

In Pieces - Garth Brooks, free at Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Garth-.../dp/B01LX1NL4W
Old 09-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #2138
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In Pieces - Garth Brooks, free at Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Garth-.../dp/B01LX1NL4W
Super find!

_Plusses (sp?)_:
- Free!
- Studio--not live--recording!
- At least some, maybe all (I don't recognize many songs by their titles), are his earlier songs!

_Negatives_:
-Requires the Amazon Music app (was it really necessary for Amazon to force us to use their proprietary app? I just got through uninstalling several apps on my Android phone, that I wanted to keep, because I ran out of internal storage. Part (most) of the problem is all of the bloatware (I have another word in mind, but I won't use it) pre-installed. If you try to uninstall, or "force stop" any of it, Google threatens you with all kinds of dire consequences. But maybe Google is struggling financially, and needs to take that step to survive ).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-21-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #2139
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
_Negatives_:
-Requires the Amazon Music app (was it really necessary for Amazon to force us to use their proprietary app? I just got through uninstalling several apps on my Android phone, that I wanted to keep, because I ran out of internal storage. Part (most) of the problem is all of the bloatware (I have another word in mind, but I won't use it) pre-installed. If you try to uninstall, or "force stop" any of it, Google threatens you with all kinds of dire consequences. But maybe Google is struggling financially, and needs to take that step to survive ).
You don't have to use Amazon's app. MP3's can be downloaded from their website and played with any music app/player.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #2140
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You don't have to use Amazon's app. MP3's can be downloaded from their website and played with any music app/player.
Good news! After I bought the album, a webpage immediately came up, prompting me to install the app. Being the computer novice that I am, I assumed that I would have to install the app in order to play the music.

I will try not to make that assumption again.

No negatives now, just plusses!

Thanks.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-22-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:39 AM   #2141
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Music Expands to Canada with Launch of Amazon Music Unlimited

Quote:
Amazon’s premium music streaming service unlocks millions of songs, thousands of playlists and personalized stations

Today, Amazon Music listeners in Canada now have even more ways to access music through voice with Alexa in the Amazon Music app and on Echo devices

Prime and non-Prime members can choose between multiple price plans, including the exclusive Single Device plan for playback on one Amazon Echo device for only CDN$3.99/month

For a limited time, eligible customers can subscribe for a 90-day free trial
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 26, 2018-- (NASDAQ: AMZN) — Amazon today announced the launch of Amazon Music Unlimited for Canada, bringing customers a catalogue of millions of songs and thousands of playlists and personalized stations, combined with the magic of voice controls powered by Alexa. Joining the previously launched Prime Music, Amazon Music Unlimited unlocks millions more songs to customers, including the newest music from artists including Ariana Grande, Drake, Arkells, Shawn Mendes, Carrie Underwood and more, as well as thousands of playlists and stations, and a variety of localized programming curated by Amazon Music experts. Now music listening is easier than ever before in Canada with today’s launch of more ways to access music through voice with Alexa on the Amazon Music app for iOS and Android, and on all Echo devices. To learn more visit amazon.ca/music/unlimited.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #2142
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Just learned about a source for some great documentaries--all free.

My super-secret source for this information states, "these aren't just any documentaries. Many are critically-acclaimed . . . ."

The most recently added all look interesting:
- The Greeks: Crucible of Civilization.
- Egypt's Lost Queens.
- The Real Jesus Christ.

Enjoy. Learn.

http://www.documentaryheaven.com

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-13-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #2143
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon-SiriusXM Offer

• FREE -- Subscribe to SiriusXM and get 3 Months Free -- new subscribers only

Offer Details: Activate an All Access subscription and pay $0 for your first three months, a $62.97 savings off the current monthly rate of $20.99, or activate a Premier Streaming subscription and pay $0 for your first three months, a $47.97 savings off the current monthly rate of $15.99. A credit card is required on this offer. Your service will automatically renew monthly thereafter and, at the beginning of your fourth month, you will be charged at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. Please see our Customer Agreement for complete terms and how to cancel, which includes calling us at 1-866-635-2349. All fees and programming are subject to change. This offer cannot be combined with any other. This offer may be modified or terminated at any time. New SiriusXM subscribers only.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:30 AM   #2144
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Free Ambient album -- Threshold Point, by Erik Wollo.

Right now this album is a free MP3 download at Bandcamp, but it could go back to it's original price at any time. If you're at all interested follow the link and listen to the tracks.

The music is Electronic, Ambient and Downtempo. IMHO it's good for relaxing, meditating and settling down at the end of a busy day.

Listen and download at Bandcamp:

https://projektrecords.bandcamp.com/...hreshold-point
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:56 AM   #2145
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Free Ambient album -- Threshold Point, by Erik Wollo.

Right now this album is a free MP3 download at Bandcamp, but it could go back to it's original price at any time. If you're at all interested follow the link and listen to the tracks.

The music is Electronic, Ambient and Downtempo. IMHO it's good for relaxing, meditating and settling down at the end of a busy day.

Listen and download at Bandcamp:

https://projektrecords.bandcamp.com/...hreshold-point
Thank you, cromag.

FYI, another name our price digital streaming and download album at that site is:
Quote:
The Collection (Free​!​)
by Black Tape For A Blue Girl

Black Tape for a Blue Girl is an American Ethereal band formed in 1986 by Projekt Records' founder Sam Rosenthal. Their music takes on elements of darkwave, ethereal, ambient, goth and neoclassical music. Director David Lynch is one of the band's more well-known fans.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere