Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-04-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
ElPeregrino
ElPeregrino began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 2 (7G)
DOCX->EPUB Header / <p class=" ">

Hello.

I have made a few thousand eBooks using Word and the DOXC-Format to calibres EPUB.

Now somebody claims the EPUBS have wrong headers and 100 or more <p class="somfink"> </p> which users have to remove/fix in Sigil.

As I only work in Word and then convert in calibre I don't exactly get the problem - my books look fine in my kindle as I perfected my method over the past few years.

Could this be a bug in calibre or a setting I overlooked? Has anyone an idea how to really make "clean" or "perfect" ebooks?

Thanks!
ElPeregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I thought all the classes in Calibre converted books were of the form ‘calibreNN’/. If so that implies there is some other software involved.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
ElPeregrino

Word.
So I guess calibre just accepts anything from word?
Old 09-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre generated EPUBs from DOCX files do not "have wrong headers" whatever that means. I suggest you simply tell whoever is complaining to educate themselves about EPUB.

And there is nothing wrong with

Code:
<p class="somfink"> </p>
although as itimpi pointed out I seriously doubt those were generated by calibre. DOCX conversion do take class names from docx style names, but I highly doubt there is a docx style named "somfink"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:59 AM   #5
ElPeregrino

somfink = something = example

could it be that Abbyy (document saved as HTML) generates that? Word keeps it?
Old 09-05-2018, 02:29 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote