Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
My Kindle came unhinged at the corner

Went to charge it and noticed a loose rattling sound. Looked at the back and noticed the corner where the speaker is, the plastic had come out of the socket and it popped out a bit!!

I've clicked it back in, but theres still a wider gap compared to the other corners and looks as if it not fully clicked in properly.

Yikes!! Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by neonbible; 09-09-2010 at 07:33 PM.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
that sounds like a factory defect o.O;

does your kindle work normally though? otherwise its probably best you call customer service and see if you can exchange it for a new one.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Hmm well I have had no other problems. None of the crashes or freezing others has reported.

It doesn't really bother me now that I have clicked it into place. If it gets worse I will exchange it.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
yeah, sounds like an idea. The main thing is that there isn't a crack on it though. I get nervous trying to click stuff back sometimes as it may cause hairline cracks that may later split into larger gaps.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
neonbible
Addict

Well I just watched this video and made me feel a little better - http://www.tested.com/how-to-take-ap...rd-gen/47-122/

At least I know its not supposed to be glued together and really is just clips.
Advert