Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #46
cathyb1964
cathyb1964 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Thank you Vicky! Just downloaded it and will put it next in my queue.
cathyb1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #47
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
It wasn't getting it into Calibre that was the problem, but the great people at Smashwords helped me sort things out. thanks anyway, looking forward to reading the book now.
Terrific! Yes, the people at Smashwords are really good to deal with.

Happy reading.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #48
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A big thank you to John Green for this review:

Quote:
A well crafted story that was a joy to read; the author kept me guessing right up to the end. As others have already stated, the story started out with a bang and just kept moving forward. If you're a fan of the crime or thriller genre, you won't regret buying this book.
Thanks, John!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #49
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hey Vicki, I finished your book yesterday and I really enjoyed it! Are you planning on writing another?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #50
alvico
Addict

Latest review from Tim Nichol just in:

Quote:
DO NOT get past the halfway point of this book late in the evening! You won't go to bed until after finishing.

This story leaves the police and the reader guessing all the way to the end.

May I have another, please? (asjogren)
Thanks so much, Tim. Much appreciated!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #51
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hey Vicki, I finished your book yesterday and I really enjoyed it! Are you planning on writing another?
Hi lilac_jive,

I've actually written two others, Sleight Malice and Brittle Shadows. At this stage, I haven't published these as ebooks, but I'm happy to email you a beta reader copy. I'll send you a PM in a sec.

Cheers,
Vicki

Last edited by alvico; 02-01-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Correct typo
Old 01-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #52
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyb1964 View Post
Thank you Vicky! Just downloaded it and will put it next in my queue.
Thanks, Cathy. Happy reading.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #53
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
I'm about half way through, wondering if there will ever be any scenes outside of Jacinta's home.

Quite enthralling, though!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #54
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
I'm about half way through, wondering if there will ever be any scenes outside of Jacinta's home.

LOL You had me worried there for a moment, even to the point I dug out my old scene worksheets. Her home, yes, but other dwellings, city, shopping centre, hospital, country, forest and so on.

But does it really seem like everything takes place in Jacinta's home in the first half of the book?

Thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts, Mores. It all helps.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #55
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
It is very home-centric until now. Not enough to put me off, but still noticable.

I also noted that in Dan Brown's Lost Symbol, so maybe I'm just a little "over-sensitive". If nobody else has mentioned it then just ignore me.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #56
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
It is very home-centric until now. Not enough to put me off, but still noticable.

I also noted that in Dan Brown's Lost Symbol, so maybe I'm just a little "over-sensitive". If nobody else has mentioned it then just ignore me.
I didn't notice it, but I'm a fast reader.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #57
alvico
Addict

Quote:

No one else has mentioned it, but I really do appreciate the feedback. It's all good. Thanks again.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #58
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I didn't notice it, but I'm a fast reader.
Thanks, lilac_jive. It's good to get another perspective.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #59
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:

There are lots of scenes outside Jacinta's home... you just need to pay attention
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #60
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
But does it really seem like everything takes place in Jacinta's home in the first half of the book?

Thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts, Mores. It all helps.
No, not a all... I think the book is very well written and flows easy... I read half of it on nightshift last night, and I'm really enjoying it... Well done! Vicki.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote