Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #46
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrouton View Post
I will, but I haven't got my Kindle yet. I have Kindle for PC to check it out, but I want to use all the features.
Yep. The K4PC is a poor representation of how things work on the Kindle. My Bible editions especially suffer from the K4PC shortcomings. Arrrr!
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #47
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Osnova Thanks for the excellant work . . . again.

Bought and delivered!
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #48
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, no... Thank you for your suggestion and testing.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #49
captcrouton
Connoisseur
captcrouton has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2
Okay, used the WEB Bible in church this morning and reviewed it on Amazon this evening. Hope this helps people and adds some exposure for your awesome hard work!
captcrouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #50
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

A very thorough review. Thank you. I've left a comment to your review on Amazon.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #51
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Just an observation. It appears that most people prefer the paragraphed Bible to the verse-per-line one. At least the paragraphed is selling better at the moment.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #52
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
I thought it would be a winner.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #53
romns116
romns116 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I've been using the DVJ on my NET Bible for a few weeks now, and I love it!! I try to read other versions (w/out DVJ) and I always have issues navigating to different books. I can't find an NIV or NLT with decent book/chapter navigation. Anyone?
romns116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #54
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

All I can say is that I've written Zondervan (and some other publishers about other translations) asking them about a possibility of incorporating DVJ into NIV and their other texts. No response so far.

If I can get a permission, I can do an NIV with DVJ in a couple of weeks (most of it is spent on testing and quality control).

Last edited by osnova; 12-29-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 AM   #55
romns116
romns116 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I know you've already reached out to Z (thanks again!)
Would it help if other people suggested it also? Is there a contact email for Z?
romns116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #56
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

I guess it could help. Here is what Zondervan's site says,

"Electronic
For rights and permission to quote the ENTIRE NIV, NIrV, or TNIV TEXT in electronic format media intended for commercial use within the U.S. and Canada (which exceeds “fair usage," please send an email to Caryn.Toering@Zondervan.com to receive an application."

Ms. Toering is the Director of International Rights & Permissions for Zondervan. I sent her an email on December 2 and reminders since then.

Last edited by osnova; 12-30-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #57
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Encouraging news. Ms. Toering of Zondervan has written me to say that they will consider my proposal after the holidays.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #58
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Just a note. I had an email from a Kindle owner who purchased my KJV with DVJ complaining that TTS does not work properly with my edition. You can see my response to this person below.

I've thought that it was self-evident that TTS would have problems, given that there is external text in between verses: DVJ anchors, chapter and verse numbers. TTS reads everything! and there is no way to tell it to ignore these meta data. To address this person's issue I've created a TTS-friendly edition of the KJV. Unfortunately, I had to remove the verse numbers and the Direct Verse Jump navigation. Book and chapter navigation is still possible using the active TOC or joystick left-right navigation. Just in case if there are other people who need TTS more than verse numbers and DVJ, I'll release this TTS-friendly KJV on Amazon.

============
My response to the person complaining about TTS problems:

I share your frustration with how TTS works with Bibles. Basically, TTS reads everything it sees: chapter numbers, verse numbers.

My edition uses hidden anchors before each verse to make the Direct Verse Jump possible. Although the anchors are hidden to the eyes, TTS sees them and reads them. I've written to Amazon several times asking them to come up with a way to control the TTS function to allow for pauses, tell it what not to read, etc. So far they have not addressed this issue.

This is the first report that I have received about TTS problems. So, I've assumed until now that TTS was not that important to people. I will put a disclaimer in the description of this KJV edition that it is not compatible with TTS.

If you want me to, I will make a TTS-friendly KJV edition just for you. It will not include the Direct Verse Jump or the verse numbers. This way, there will be no interruptions for TTS. If the verse numbers are important please let me know, I will leave them in.

Please forgive me for not meeting your needs.

Blessings,

Osnova
Old 01-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #59
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

As promised above, I have released a TTS-friendly version of KJV. As a trade-off, the DVJ navigation and the verse numbers are gone. Now you can listen to the Bible with the help of the robotic voice of the Kindle without interruptions. Actually, it is "listenable"

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032JSL84

Last edited by osnova; 01-03-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #60
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

I am on the road, so a quick note from my cell phone.

Amazon has finally published my newest publication American Standard Version (ASV) with Direct Verse Jump at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00332EWJC

It may be of interest to you to read the four original prefaces that English and American revisers wrote for OT and NT. So, I included them.