Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 08:25 AM   #1
Luck64
Luck64 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
[Kobo] Preferred device format overridden?

Hi there. I'm scratching my head with this one.

I recently got a Kobo. I want my ePub files stored in Calibre to be converted into kepub and then transfered to my Kobo. But no matter what I do, Calibre always sends it in ePub format (unless I manually convert it into kepub and then choose to send it in that format).

As you can see in the picture I attached, the KoboTouch plugin is configured to choose kepub as its preferred format. I did also choose kepub as my preferred output format in "Preferences - Behavior", but that didn't work either.

Any ideas? Is it safe to uncheck ePub from the plugin list? (I fear that a book may not be successfully converted into kepub, in that case, I'd like that file to be sent in plain ePub format).

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	176540  
Luck64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You need to install the KoboTouchExtended driver. This will do the transformation to kepub during the send.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
Luck64

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You need to install the KoboTouchExtended driver. This will do the transformation to kepub during the send.
Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, although I installed the plugin and enabled the Extended Kobo Features (and restarted Calibre), Calibre still sends the files in ePub.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
Luck64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck64 View Post
Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, although I installed the plugin and enabled the Extended Kobo Features (and restarted Calibre), Calibre still sends the files in ePub.
I feel really dumb. I found out what's going on. In order to see if Calibre made a kepub file for my Kobo, I always checked the Format column I have in Calibre. But kepub files aren't stored in my PC's library so they never appeared on that column, but they did on my Kobo (even if I didn't tell Calibre to send them specifically in kepub format).

Issue solved. Works like a charm. Thank you for the plugin

Tags
calibre, epub, kepub, output, preffered