Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-06-2020, 07:47 AM   #1
Ron2k
Ron2k began at the beginning.

Device: 740
Angry Pocketbook 740 (3) - Unable to sync up books

Something odd happens with the device since the purchase day.
1. Dropbox.
After first setup it only allowed me to sync up books once or twice, all the following attempts returned a sync failed error message.
Now when I reset the device, it freezes at Dropbox authorization page and finally returns Authorization timeout error... each time. WTF?

2. Send-To-PocketBook.
I sucessfully setup account within pbsync.com domain (using PC) but now when I send books there, from my gmail account, they never sync with device (FB2 file, 1 MB as an example). Once I select Sync on device - it shows the Send-To-PocketBook process and that is it. No progress bar nothing. If you wait for a while and then click to check destination folder - it is empty. WTF?

I did not find ANY support etc community to ask for advice. Does anyone experience such issues or know how to fix them?

So the only reliable way to sync books is by wire.. until the wire refuses to transfer data, hah.

One interesting tip: clicking rightmost button 4 times disables/enables touch screen.
Ron2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:13 AM   #2
Markismus
Fanatic
Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.Markismus is the One.

Device: PB740-2, KoboAuraH2O, KoboGlo
@Ron2k Interesting to see that the 740 progressed to rev.3. Is this the Inkpad X?

I just returned the inkpad 3 pro (PB-740-2) and there the dis-/enable touchpad is double click on the rightmost button.
I only had to whitelist another email address with pbsync, when I used that one instead of the registered one for syncing books. After that it worked, but not instantly: Like some email servers there was a few minutes lag.
I did not try Dropbox.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert