Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Can't register iPod Touch Kindle app. - Check wifi

I had an iPod Touch with Kindle and was communicating with Amazon over WiFi just fine... then I changed iPods.

When I try to register the new device I get a "No Internet Connection" msg. I can assure you, I do have a good connection as all other apps/connections work fine. In fact, I can to to the amazon web site and the "forgot password" link also takes me to Amazon so my WiFi is obviously working.

Only when I try to "Register" the new device do I get the "No Internet Connection" msg.

This is with the latest app and latest iPod software...

Any ideas?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Go to the "Manage Your Kindle" page and deregister your last iTouch as well as everything you don't use anymore.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you much for your response, I appreciate it....

I had already done that... no help...
Old 03-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I take it that you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the kindle app right...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer

yep... deleted it and reinstalled the app... twice!
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
1611mac
eWanderer

had installed the Kindle app twice from iTunes.... I deleted and downed over WiFi... Same thing.. When tried to register got "No Internet Connection"..... even though I just downloaded the app!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Did you call Kindle Support? It could be that the app is trying to connect to a specific server, which is not up at the moment.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
1611mac
eWanderer

As soon as I click to "call" support it hangs up......
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Did you fill in the form first? Are you in the US? It used to say something about them calling you. Just now was the first time I've seen "Call us". Maybe they were in the middle of switching over. Did you try it more than once? You can always try emailing them via the email button.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
1611mac
eWanderer

yep... filled in form... tried the "call back now" and also the "call in five minutes" several times... no luck... I sent email...

I'll get back some generic answer like "check your network" even though I explained to them I downloaded the app over wifi and also visited their other links from the same pane that doesn't work.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
1611mac
eWanderer

love it... after failing to reach phone support 3 times I emailed. email reply suggested I use phone..

So... tried phone again later in day and got thru... they told me to reload app (I already had done 3 times), told me it was my wifi. I suggested no cause all apps on iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, and a Windows machine were all working flawlessly on my Wifi. All other apps on my iPod were working flawlessly and I had in fact downloaded the Kindle app itself over Wifi. and the app was the ONLY one not connecting. They then told me to call Apple Support as they couldn't help me.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
1611mac
eWanderer

FOUND THE PROBLEM - I hadn't noticed that the date on this iPod Touch was set to Aug of 2010 - This is a newer iPod for me. Setting correct date fixed the issue. Evidently Amazon checks date setting when register a device.. Again, this was the only app I was having trouble with. Connections to apple account and my regular Amazon account worked fine, it was only when registering a device.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
I'm so glad you figured this out. It really had me baffled. Thanks for coming back and letting us know what it was. I am putting this in my notes in case it ever happens to me.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #14
1611mac
eWanderer

Well, obviously I don't use the calendar app much! (really, just got this off an auction site last week. Same as my old Touch but more storage.) Hadn't really been using it yet....
Old 03-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #15
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Wow... all because of the date... interesting...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote