Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2019, 01:34 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Ctrl+F11 was added to toggle the viewer toolbar in one of the version 2 releases, it's been there ever since
When I was typing my post, I thought, "BR will know that"
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:39 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
Thanks David.

Now I'm seeing some light. MY edition of the viewer has NO tools. I tried side-loading lfrviewer.exe (from the Cablibre install directory) and it takes focus and has a toolbar. So I begin to think I have a bad install. I tried to repair the 4.4 install. Repair fails due to "Specified Account already exists". Strange, since this would probably ALWAYS have an existing account if one was merely trying to a do a repair!

Next I tried to install 3.48.0 but was told that I needed to uninstall 4.4. No problem, I think. Uninstall seem to work. Re-install fails with an "Already installed, must uninstall first" message.

Now I'm at a loss as to what to fo next. Any thoughts?
Um, follow the instructions given? Try right-clicking on the viewer and see what happens. Or just left click and press Ctrl+F11.

And you don't want "lfrviewer.exe". That is not the calibre viewer.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #18
PaulHillar
PaulHillar began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S8
Is there a way to get the top toolbar showing from the old version? Where it told you the progress along with a go to section and search bar?
PaulHillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHillar View Post
Is there a way to get the top toolbar showing from the old version? Where it told you the progress along with a go to section and search bar?
Not quite, however you can:
  • enable and customise the toolbar in Preferences->Miscellaneous, and you can toggle its display with Ctrl+F11;
  • show the progress at top or bottom of text via Preferences->Header and footer;
  • show a search bar field with Ctrl+F. At the moment it has limited functionality (e.g. no history), but Kovid has indicated he intends improving it - muchly;
  • use the Reference tool (right pointing finger), or a shortcut, to toggle display of Reference numbers in top left corner, and there's a shortcut for Go to Location.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:01 AM   #20
PaulHillar
PaulHillar began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Not quite, however you can:

-snip-
BR
Ah ok. Thanks for the reply.
PaulHillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:57 AM   #21
Shahi
Shahi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 UK 3G (B00A)
I just downgraded to Calibre 3.xx. I have now my favourite viewer and everything like I want. No more this terrible 4.x interface.
Shahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:52 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahi View Post
I just downgraded to Calibre 3.xx. I have now my favourite viewer and everything like I want. No more this terrible 4.x interface.
Have you tried Calibre 4.8?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote