Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #16
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine T View Post
My daughter is now struggling with the same problem and really wants to keep the DX working.
Have you updated the firmware to the latest version? Yes, the latest version is 2.5.8, but Amazon manages "Kindle Service Update". I am not sure, but it seemed that Amazon will update "Kindle Service Update" whenever Amazon updates their security parameter.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:44 PM   #17
minigendo
minigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolateminigendo is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 2
In the past few days there's been evidence that they may have fixed the time server that's been at the root of the recent Kindle 2 / DX thinks it's 1970 and won't register / synch issues.

If you're only the latest firmware, and have installed the Kindle Services update, it might be worth while to switch on the 3G again and see if the problem has resolved for you.
minigendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #18
Elaine T
Elaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolate

Device: kindle paperwhite
I pass this on to the daughter. She is skeptical, but figures what the heck...

And.... Connection! Success! Time set properly! Device re-registered itself. Hooray!
Elaine T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:29 PM   #19
Elaine T
Elaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolateElaine T is generous with chocolate

Device: kindle paperwhite
Reporting again, daughter had 2 kindle dxs that had the problem. The main one was fixed when Amazon fixed the server and minigendo says. The backup device was not. So we grumbled, considered doing the jailbreak etc., and daughter was nervous. Last night she tried reformating the Kindle's drive, with the 'set back to device defaults' option clicked. (that's how it is in windows 7, no idea about other windows versions.) Said it had worked to fix a similar problem on a different old Kindle. once that finished she tried registering and it worked and the device is behaving perfectly now.
Elaine T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:35 PM   #20
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKuns View Post
Have you updated the firmware to the latest version? Yes, the latest version is 2.5.8, but Amazon manages "Kindle Service Update". I am not sure, but it seemed that Amazon will update "Kindle Service Update" whenever Amazon updates their security parameter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minigendo View Post
In the past few days there's been evidence that they may have fixed the time server that's been at the root of the recent Kindle 2 / DX thinks it's 1970 and won't register / synch issues.

If you're only the latest firmware, and have installed the Kindle Services update, it might be worth while to switch on the 3G again and see if the problem has resolved for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine T View Post
I pass this on to the daughter. She is skeptical, but figures what the heck...

And.... Connection! Success! Time set properly! Device re-registered itself. Hooray!
Holy cow! I had been on 2.5.8, but installing the latest Services Update fixed my 3G! Experimental web browser works now, but more importantly, Amazon sends me books and documents again. I had given up on 3G, considered my DX a sideloading-everything device.

Thank you so much.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert