Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you!
You're welcome.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #17
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new Kindle Oasis (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
I often get recommendations from Amazon, because I have asked for them.
But quite often I get offers that are somewhat strange.
Here is an example.

The book is Sullivans "Heir Of Novron: The Riyria Revelations"
It is the third installment of a trilogy where I have almost finished the first 2.
The price of $0.0 is of course tempting so I click, but now the price is $9.39 (including 25% Danish VAT).
It is not the first time I experience this and the offer is always the next book in a series that I am reading.

Have some of you experienced this?
I sometimes get these and the $0 price is because it is a part of Kindle Unlimited or because you would pay $0 for the audio book when signing up for a free Audible trail. Otherwise you have to pay full price. None of this is made clear in the email though, of course.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:03 AM   #18
svenlind
Addict
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Mini 5, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I sometimes get these and the $0 price is because it is a part of Kindle Unlimited or because you would pay $0 for the audio book when signing up for a free Audible trail. Otherwise you have to pay full price. None of this is made clear in the email though, of course.
Thank you for your explanation.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #19
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I have also noted that some Amazon sale prices are sometimes offered very briefly and even possibly for one item, particularly if it is the last item in stock. I have bought an item on sale and had the price I received immediately replaced by a higher price when I went back to check the item immediately after the purchase.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote