Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #16
hius07
Fanatic
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
please remind me how I see what software version I'm on. I looked everywhere and can't find it. thank you.
Enter ;411 into the search box.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #17
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW2, PW4, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
thank you so much!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #18
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Hmm. I wonder what ;911 would get us?

.. wanders off to check ;p

--
(112 in Europe or 999 in UK-speak)
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #19
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Quote:
please remind me how I see what software version I'm on. I looked everywhere and can't find it. thank you.
You mean on the Paperwhite device? Not sure on your
model of Paperwhite, but with mine I go to home screen, the little 3 buttons on the right hand side, settings, device options, then device info. It will say the firmware you are currently using.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #20
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
That's even easier than the way I thought to do it lol
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #21
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Paperbackstash no, right now I'm on the Oasis 3. I searched the menus and came up empty. that ;411 is really easy. I like it a lot.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #22
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

@Junket the cops or emts, perhaps?
Old 12-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #23
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought it would bring Amazon to the rescue?
Old 12-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #24
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
I thought it would bring Amazon to the rescue?
Old 12-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #25
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And please tell me more (or point to a discussion) of the filtering you mention, which shows Unlimited, Read, unread, etc? Where do I see that option?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #26
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius

IDK what changes are reflected in the device menu as I am using an older firmware version. But you can see similar filters if you go to your Amazon account web page: Accounts and Lists > Manage your Content and Devices.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #27
dex87
dex87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Oh, PW3 is still supported 😋
dex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #28
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
And please tell me more (or point to a discussion) of the filtering you mention, which shows Unlimited, Read, unread, etc? Where do I see that option?
They are in the "Filter" menu of the "Your Library" screen.

Here is a screenshot from an Oasis running the latest firmware.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_12_05T19_05_19-0500.png
Views:	142
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	175358  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #29
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
They are in the "Filter" menu of the "Your Library" screen.

Here is a screenshot from an Oasis running the latest firmware.
any bad surprises with the update? things you don't like, etc.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #30
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
any bad surprises with the update? things you don't like, etc.
The only differences I have seen are the new badges, which are in the white space above cover images and the fix to widow/orphan handling when reading books with Enhanced Typesetting.

I haven't noticed anything bad.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote