Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
footnotes

It is possible to change the font and size in the footnotes? How?
Thank you very much for all
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There doesn't seem to be a setting right now, but you could increase the value here:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...widget.lua#L21
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Well, it is possible to change the default font size: "default_font_size = 18"

And if I would like another font in pop up notes (for example Bookerly, or Source Sans Pro, or - if possible - the same font I am using it in the book I am reading) exist a way?

I installed Koreader 5 days ago and I just love it.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Btw, you could also try the new in-page footnotes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #5
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I tried it in the past days but it didn't do anything, I tried again after disabling pop up notes and now I see (on the book I'm reading it works "In-page classic classname footnotes"). Good invention.

Now I will discover what happens if the note is very very large. Some notes are chapters

Impression: in this modality the ebook seems more similar to a "real" book. I like very much pop up notes but also in-page notes are a good choice, especially on a large screen like KA1. And I like the possibility to have options.

Last edited by ps67; 01-15-2019 at 06:08 PM. Reason: edit: impression
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert