Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
Joining library out with your area

Hi does any one know which libraries you can join to use ebook facilities without having to live or study in the area
Thanks
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
They exist and are listed somewhere or another...but the Philadelphia library comes to mind. Will be $50 a year:

https://know.freelibrary.org/MyResearch/register
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Brooklyn Public Library is also $50 annually for non-New York residents, and has a bigger selection than Philadelphia.
Catlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBo...ail.2C_to_non-
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
crankyebookguy
crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crankyebookguy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad
What state do you live in? I’m in California and find I can get a card to any library in the state using my California drivers license. So even though my local library has terrible ebook selection, I got library cards to larger cities around me. I stop into libraries when I travel on business or vacation and pick up a library card. San Francisco library has a huge ebook selection. Libby, the new overdrive app, can store all your library cards so you can search and check out books right from your tablet.
crankyebookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyebookguy View Post
What state do you live in? I’m in California and find I can get a card to any library in the state using my California drivers license. So even though my local library has terrible ebook selection, I got library cards to larger cities around me. I stop into libraries when I travel on business or vacation and pick up a library card. San Francisco library has a huge ebook selection. Libby, the new overdrive app, can store all your library cards so you can search and check out books right from your tablet.
Welcome to MobileRead!

In regards to California, most, but not all, libraries allow a person with a Calif ID to get a library card. Some only allow locals to do so. And at least one that I remember, although, can't remember which one right now, allows a person to get a library card, but doesn't allow ebook borrowing.

I have several different California library cards. It's a wonderful deal. I suggest checking the specific library's website for details on their library card policy.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:51 PM   #7
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Colorado is much the same as California - at least in the Denver metro region. I am a member of seven different libraries here.

The process in Colorado is this ... with a few library-specific variations on occasion ... Apply online on their website (not the Overdrive website for the library, but the libraries specific website), you receive a temporary number that gives you access to their eBooks immediately, show up at the library (physically) with your ID within a month, they give you a permanent membership card.

This library sharing is not across the entire state. It's not like me being in the Denver metro area and getting a membership in, say, a city far to the west like Grand Junction. But the Denver metro area is really just a glob of cities that butt up against each other, and it is these close together cities/counties that offer their memberships to other cities "in the neighborhood".

Check for this sharing between cities/counties in your area. You might get lucky and find that you already have opportunities available to you without having to go out of state and pay for a remote membership.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:12 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LH07 View Post
Hi does any one know which libraries you can join to use ebook facilities without having to live or study in the area
Thanks
One question before I get too enthused about answering. What general area are you in. Country is likely all that is needed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:30 AM   #9
LH07
Enthusiast
LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LH07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet
Hi I am in the United kingdom
LH07 is offline   Reply With Quote