Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 10:15 PM   #31
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Well with the Kindle Fire(s) (I inherited my mom's) I don't need a case but with my Paperwhite when I take it out of the apt. I slip it into its case just for safety. The screen is a lot more liable to suffer damage than the Kindle Fire's screens are.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #32
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I've always kept mine in a case. I at times really dislike the feel of some of the plastics. My Nook Glowlight Plus, I do take it out of the case. I'm not crazy about the feel of the aluminum back, but if I'm reading at a pool or otherwise I don't want the sleeve to get messed up.

I rarely take my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 out of it's case despite the fact it's really easy to hold. Since I purchased it, this has been almost my favorite device to read on. I really like the display, and just use my Kindle, Nook, and Kobo apps to read on it.
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #33
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
I'm always using the case for my Inkbook - mainly for the sleep function, but also because I'm sitting in a train each day, where I found I can use the cover to trap the reader on the little pull-down table in front of me, so it hangs nicely at eye height.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #34
dooh
dooh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
i'd always buy a case/cover along with the device, put it on on the first day and then totally forget about it.
dooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #35
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
I always put my devices in cases. They are protected from not only nicks and scuffs, but also our extremely dusty environment.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #36
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Always a case. I have been using my 3d gen Kindle Fire without a case, but it is so old, it didn't work in the case.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #37
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
With my voyage now I am using this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is more like what you would put on a phone. I have a zippered sleeve that I put it in when traveling. I was using cases but they got annoying after a while. The lightweight ones would invariably break in a month or two. I had a sturdier wallet like case but it was heavy after a while and I got annoyed with folding it back. This grip case I have now works well.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #38
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I got rid of my Voyage because I couldn't find a case that worked for me. I have stayed with the Paperwhite and the Amazon Kindle case which is, in my opinion, outstanding. The case not only helps protect the Kindle but it makes it easier for me to hold and handle.

I almost never take the case off.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #39
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I use a case because whenever I see it, I can identify it as mine. Even if I have the only one, the case still helps me to find it quicker. Rather than looking at a device, identifying what type it is, and then figuring out who it belongs to, the case tells me in an instant that the tablet is mine or not mine, and what specifically it is.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #40
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I use a case, I read in bed at night and have been known to drop it when I call asleep.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #41
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I use a case, I read in bed at night and have been known to drop it when I call asleep.
I read in chairs at night and am also known to drop eReaders when I fall asleep. I "marred" my Fintie "shell" case on my Kindle Basic when, realizing the eReader was slipping away, I grasped the corner of the case hard enough to brake out a chunk of it. That kind of surprised me. I'm still using it, just have some tape on that corner to keep it from breaking apart more (and to keep it from cutting me). Not sure if I'm going to get a Fintie next time, doesn't seem flexible enough.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:58 AM   #42
HotblackDesiato
HotblackDesiato began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; iPhone 11
With the official Amazon case for this reader, which toggles the screen when opened and closed. That feature makes the device much more appealing to me, but doesn't make it unnecessarily bulky.

I've had a half dozen ereaders going back to the Sony and pre-Kindle days, though, and haven't always used one. My current reader replaced a Paperwhite which was chewed by a dog. A case probably would have saved it. My first reader, a Sony PRS-505, felt great without a case.

Last edited by HotblackDesiato; 10-03-2018 at 09:03 AM.
HotblackDesiato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #43
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
No ereader,but I have cover on my ipad, case on my Fire Tab, and case on my phone.

For the iPad and Fire Tablet, the covers are tri-fold and I find them helpful for holding the tablets while reading.

My phone is just too expensive to not have a case to protect against drops. It's too bad as I never get to experience the wonderful slim design of an iPhone.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
My phone is just too expensive to not have a case to protect against drops. It's too bad as I never get to experience the wonderful slim design of an iPhone.
Interesting. Although I always use eReaders in a case, I've never used a case with my phones. My iPhone 6 is over 4 years old and has spent most of its life in my trouser pocket with coins, keys, etc. Not a mark on it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:32 PM   #45
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My phone is always in a case as well as a glass screen protector on it. It's a minimal very slim case, but enough to keep it free of any knicks or scratches. The covers on my readers cover the screen and open like a book, so screen protector isn't really needed (unless you turn pages with your keys or a screwdriver).
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote