Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Change cover using "Illustration"image

Hi at all. I have a question: how can i set the cover ov my book, taking it from "illustration"?
In my ebook i Have "cover" and "illustration" into index, and the right cover is the first image of "illustration".
How can I use that image?
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit.html#add-a-cover
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

maybe i'm dumb.. but where is Tool->Add cover? Into edit mode I only have:
-browse
-trim bordes
-download
-generate cover
I most go into edit book,instead of edit metadata?
Old 09-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
-browse
-trim bordes
-download
-generate cover
Edit Book (tap T), the ebook editor part of calibre
You did post in Editor (edit metadata is not Editor, but is Library Managemeny)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
Ansem_93
Zealot

Thanks you now i found it!
Advert
Old 09-12-2015, 11:03 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansem_93 View Post
-browse
-trim bordes
-download
-generate cover
Yup -- this is the editor (Edit E-Book) forum, so I assumed you were talking about the editor.

If this had been in the Library Management subforum I would've said, "Use Edit E-Book, see this link [...]"

Can't extract resources from elsewhere in the book without cracking open the book.

P.S. You will want to go back to Edit Metadata and click the cover icon, next to the list of formats. This will extract the new cover from the AZW3 and add it to the calibre metadata.

You could *also* save the image from the editor, close without saving, go back to Edit Metadata and "Browse" to the saved image on disk.

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-12-2015 at 11:06 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote