Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2015, 03:03 AM   #1
srs
srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs 300
Poor battery life

I have jail broken my PW2 and now the battery life seems to be very poor. Without using the Kindle, the battery drains in about a week, so it doesn't seem to be properly sleeping.

I have installed the following:

backdoorlock_kual_11.zip
k5_rescue_pack_20131220.zip
kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip
kindle-python-0.11.N-pw2.rar
kindle-usbnet-0.18.N.zip
kual-mrinstaller-1.4.N.zip
KUAL-v2.5.zip
librariansync-1.7.tar.gz

Can anyone spot a problem or help in diagnosing my issue?

Thanks
srs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:20 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Did you by chance dump a crapload of books on the device around the same time?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2015, 04:27 AM   #3
srs
srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.srs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, about 730 books.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:44 AM   #4
guerrilla
Connoisseur
guerrilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Case solved
guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What he said . It was either the original load of indexing, or it still is because you have a book that's stuck indexing.

Search for a nonsensical string and see if stuff still appears to be currently indexing.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #6
srs

I tried searching for a book, and it worked fine... I put the books on there weeks ago.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
guerrilla
Connoisseur
guerrilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
You should make a search for "xxx" in all your items. Then look at the bottom of the search results if there's mention of unindexed elements.
If there is, then one of those is stuck. Otherwise the case is not closed...
guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by srs View Post
I tried searching for a book, and it worked fine... I put the books on there weeks ago.
That's not the reason for doing the search; you do it to find if there are any unindexed items. Make sure that the search scope is set to "All Items" and search for a nonsense string. If it comes back and says "XX items not yet indexed", you have a stuck indexing process, which will drain the battery like crazy. Tap on the "XX items not yet indexed" message to see a list of which books aren't indexed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
srs

I tried searching for "xxx" from the home screen.

I get "There were no title or author matches in your library for "xxx"." No mention of any indexing.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried searching for "xxx" from the home screen.

I get "There were no title or author matches in your library for "xxx"." No mention of any indexing.
Please read my instructions properly. You haven't set the search scope to "All Items".
Old 02-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #11
srs

Bingo

I tried setting the search scope to "All Text" and get Items "Not Yet Indexed (708)" !!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #12
srs

Should I remove the book at the top of the not indexed list to get the indexing process going again or could it be any random book in the not indexed list that is causing problems?
Old 02-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm afraid it could be any of them. I'd suggest deleting them all, and then re-adding them in small batches (no more than 50 or so at a time). Wait for each batch to finish indexing before adding the next batch. Indexing runs a LOT more quickly if you connect the Kindle to a wall charger.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #14
srs

Took me all day but I've readded all my books. No books caused the indexing process to hang this time, so I don't know what happened before.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Took me all day but I've readded all my books. No books caused the indexing process to hang this time, so I don't know what happened before.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Happy to hear you've got it sorted .