Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Ute
Ute began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook, Kindle
Neo / Club question

I am still pondering my next e-reader purchase and I am hoping that, once again, you can help me out:

Having finally lost my Bebook One to a frozen screen: does the Neo still freeze on occasion? It seems to me that this became progressively worse on the One.

And has the battery drain on the Neo been resolved? The last entry on the topic in the forum was only a day after the last firmware update.
I am assuming that this won't be an issue with the Club?

I just looked at the Bebook Website, the Bebook Neo and Club are "pre-order", only the refurbished edition is available for immediate order. Any insight as to why?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Ute
Old 08-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
The last freeze on my Boox 60 (=Neo) is more than half a year ago. Current firmware is very stable.
Expect an average battery life of 1-2 weeks, depending on how intensively you use the reader. If you leave it on standby permanently, battery life will be less than a week. I would not call that battery drain, it's just the way the Neo works.

The Club had some freezing problems as well as battery problems until recent versions of the firmware. Things seem to have been resolved in the latest version (at least everything seems to be OK now on my wife's Club), but somehow I have a feeling that the Neo is more reliable than the Club. Also, Neo hardware seems to be a bit more robust than the Club.

As to the "pre-order" issue, it looks like they are selling more Bebooks than they can get from Onyx. The Bebook people also seem to give priority to supplying their vendors rather than their own webshop. Here in the Netherlands it is easier (and often also cheaper) to buy a Bebook from other shops than from the Bebook website.

Last edited by Zetmolm; 08-24-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
Ute

Thank you! & where to buy the BeBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
The last freeze on my Boox 60 (=Neo) is more than half a year ago. Current firmware is very stable.
Great! I loved my ONE, but didn't want to buy more freezing.

Quote:
Expect an average battery life of 1-2 weeks, depending on how intensively you use the reader. If you leave it on standby permanently, battery life will be less than a week. I would not call that battery drain, it's just the way the Neo works.
That's good to know. I was worried that the Wifi would be such a drain, it would make the device less than perfect for travelling.

Quote:
The Club had some freezing problems as well as battery problems until recent versions of the firmware. Things seem to have been resolved in the latest version (at least everything seems to be OK now on my wife's Club), but somehow I have a feeling that the Neo is more reliable than the Club. Also, Neo hardware seems to be a bit more robust than the Club.
I would have considered the Club only if the battery problem in the Neo persisted - but since this doesn't seem the case, I'll go for the Neo

Quote:
As to the "pre-order" issue, it looks like they are selling more Bebooks than they can get from Onyx. The Bebook people also seem to give priority to supplying their vendors rather than their own webshop. Here in the Netherlands it is easier (and often also cheaper) to buy a Bebook from other shops than from the Bebook website.
Interesting. I did a quick search to see if the Bebook is sold in Germany - apparently that's still not the case. I found a used one on Amazon (from a seller, of course) for EUR 248.- Where do they sell in the Netherlands?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ute View Post
That's good to know. I was worried that the Wifi would be such a drain, it would make the device less than perfect for travelling.
The battery drain is not an issue if you switch on and off each time however, WiFi is a massive drain but you have a physical switch for that so only need turn it on when required.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Ute
I don't know if you are close to the Dutch border. If so, you can try one of the Dixons shops. Most of them claim to have the Neo in stock. According to the Dynabyte website they also have the Neo in their shops in Enschede and Venlo. Most webshops in the Netherlands either don't have any Neo's at this moment, or they are a bit vague about availibility. Easereader.nl is an excellent webshop and do seem to have the Neo available, but I don't know if they ship to Germany. Price is EUR 229 - 230 in all these shops.
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Ute

No, I am not close to the Netherlands. So I bought a refurbished Neo from the BeBook store. I can barely wait for it to arrive.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Zetmolm
Guru

Good choice. I hope your reader arrives very soon and that you are going to enjoy it as much as I like mine!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ute View Post
I just looked at the Bebook Website, the Bebook Neo and Club are "pre-order", only the refurbished edition is available for immediate order. Any insight as to why?
As the Onyx Boox has just come out in a new version with Pearl display, the most probable explanation is that the Bebooks will also come with this version.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
As the Onyx Boox has just come out in a new version with Pearl display, the most probable explanation is that the Bebooks will also come with this version.
DARN - that would really stink. Unfortunately, it sounds too plausible.

Ute
<grrrr>
Old 08-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #10
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
In fact, yesterday Bebook announced the Bebook Club 'S' with Pearl display. It is also faster and has more memory. It will be shown at the IFA Consumer Electronics fair in Berlin (September 2 – 7 2011).
Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 AM   #11
Montag451
Sorcerer
Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.Montag451 for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: BeBook Club S
You can find a comparison of the BeBook Club and BeBook Club S at the new BeBookUsers forum.

I noticed there is not a lot of information to find about the Club S on this forum, but over there a special sub forum is dedicated to it.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please do not resurrect ancient threads. Do you really think that anyone cares about your answer three years after the most recent post in the thread?

Thread closed.
Closed Thread