Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Today, 01:03 PM   #4501
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, original Papwerwhite, Fire HD 8
As the happy owner of a Delphin, let me clarify some things. Yes, you can side load apps. Some work, some don't. If they are paid apps, and depend on Google Play, you won't be able to pay for them. This, for example, causes the Smart Audiobook Player (an excellent app, btw) to only work in its "free" mode. But it does work, and does well with my Overdrive and Downpour books in side-loaded mode. I've not actually tried the Overdrive app, but I can confirm that the Downpour app didn't work when I tried it a while back. Not a big deal, since I can sideload the files and use them on the Smart AudioBook Player.

The Audible player works quite well. As does Amazon Music. (Both are downloaded from the Amazon AppStore.) I'm told Pandora and several other music apps work. Haven't tried them. Obviously, they only work in off-line mode when you're actually swimming. (WiFi in the water? Doesn't work, won't work. But the short-range Bluetooth does work.)

Expensive? Yes, a bit. But a wonderful solution none the less.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #4502
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
And yes to the price. I'd be thrilled if one fell into my lap,...
And so would monkey

Tis the season for giving, so the following is only for rich members of MR. Both issy and myself would love to wake up Christmas morn and see a Delphin under the tree. issy's a fantastic mod and I'm a fantastic monkey. Need I say more, hint, hint
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #4503
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kin7; FHD6; SGT4; ClipZip; LG Trib; Echo Dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
As the happy owner of a Delphin, let me clarify some things. Yes, you can side load apps. Some work, some don't. If they are paid apps, and depend on Google Play, you won't be able to pay for them. This, for example, causes the Smart Audiobook Player (an excellent app, btw) to only work in its "free" mode. But it does work, and does well with my Overdrive and Downpour books in side-loaded mode. I've not actually tried the Overdrive app, but I can confirm that the Downpour app didn't work when I tried it a while back. Not a big deal, since I can sideload the files and use them on the Smart AudioBook Player.

The Audible player works quite well. As does Amazon Music. (Both are downloaded from the Amazon AppStore.) I'm told Pandora and several other music apps work. Haven't tried them. Obviously, they only work in off-line mode when you're actually swimming. (WiFi in the water? Doesn't work, won't work. But the short-range Bluetooth does work.)

Expensive? Yes, a bit. But a wonderful solution none the less.
Cool

Ever since their Kickstarter campaign, I've been interested in this, but the price held me back. I'm not into swimming, instead, I prefer hiking and this device is overkill for hiking, especially at this price point. Nonetheless, I would still love to own one. I love the concept of a very small audio player that uses apps and streams content.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote