Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #32671
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Bilbo1967's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,066
Karma: 64998675
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midlands, UK
Device: Sony 600, Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x2)
Just returned from a family funeral (wife's aunt). It seems that I've reached the age where the only time we have family get-togethers is at somebody's funeral. It's got to the point where I wouldn't even recognize some of my more distant relatives if they're not wearing a black tie
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #32672
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DiapDealer's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,348
Karma: 99454782
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Are the Jeopardy Allstars ever going to actually play Jeopardy sometime in this century?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #32673
trichobezoar
Chaos Theory & Pi
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
trichobezoar's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,695
Karma: 27419868
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Shrub, NM
Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Ongoing drama and trauma:

Roommate from hell: "What are you gonna do, #$@%&?"

Me thinking: That's what it comes down to--are you a person of consequence or of no consequence? She's in bed whispering vulgarities. Not as bad as before... As I'm typing she's whispering more--watching me. Now she's breathing hard. I suspect this will go on till she falls asleep or I go to volunteer at UNM.

Roommate from hell: "...#$@%&."

Me thinking: Same words, same sign posts pointing towards...? Yup, the whispering has worsened. It's now 4:44am

"...die, shit. #$@%&!" More whispering. It's 4:59am. I should have my phone near me, just in case. "...whore! ...bleepbleep bleep!" 5:01am.

It's like playing cat and mouse, except I'm typing instead of running away. *roll eyes*

"Get out, bleep. ...bleep!" She's trying to whisper me to death.
trichobezoar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #32674
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Hitch's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,093
Karma: 63607829
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
Ongoing drama and trauma:

Roommate from hell: "What are you gonna do, #$@%&?"

Me thinking: That's what it comes down to--are you a person of consequence or of no consequence? She's in bed whispering vulgarities. Not as bad as before... As I'm typing she's whispering more--watching me. Now she's breathing hard. I suspect this will go on till she falls asleep or I go to volunteer at UNM.

Roommate from hell: "...#$@%&."

Me thinking: Same words, same sign posts pointing towards...? Yup, the whispering has worsened. It's now 4:44am

"...die, shit. #$@%&!" More whispering. It's 4:59am. I should have my phone near me, just in case. "...whore! ...bleepbleep bleep!" 5:01am.

It's like playing cat and mouse, except I'm typing instead of running away. *roll eyes*

"Get out, bleep. ...bleep!" She's trying to whisper me to death.

Seriously? God, talk to whoever is in charge of housing assignments. You shouldn't have to live with a loon.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #32675
trichobezoar
Chaos Theory & Pi
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
trichobezoar's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,695
Karma: 27419868
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Shrub, NM
Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Seriously? God, talk to whoever is in charge of housing assignments. You shouldn't have to live with a loon.

Hitch
It's worse than that actually. lol We just had a... noise level contest? She was whispering vulgarities or yelling them into the shower curtain all morning (looooong story)... Anyway, she just left! I won the noise polution contest! I played my mantras (not too loudly) and she played Rage Against the Machine. She thinks I don't like that kind of music. I do! I like heavy metal--grew up on it. (My sister and nephew were heavy metal rockers; I was a closeted rocker.) Anyway, my mantras would drive any closed-minded, conservative, meat and potatoes American mad, unless they were into Kundalini Yoga. She doesn't know who she's messing with! I have Kundalini Yoga mantras galore!!

Now I know what will run her out of the room... *evil laugh*
trichobezoar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #32676
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Hitch's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,093
Karma: 63607829
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
It's worse than that actually. lol We just had a... noise level contest? She was whispering vulgarities or yelling them into the shower curtain all morning (looooong story)... Anyway, she just left! I won the noise polution contest! I played my mantras (not too loudly) and she played Rage Against the Machine. She thinks I don't like that kind of music. I do! I like heavy metal--grew up on it. (My sister and nephew were heavy metal rockers; I was a closeted rocker.) Anyway, my mantras would drive any closed-minded, conservative, meat and potatoes American mad, unless they were into Kundalini Yoga. She doesn't know who she's messing with! I have Kundalini Yoga mantras galore!!

Now I know what will run her out of the room... *evil laugh*
I don't understand why you're stuck with her? Doesn't housing handle this type of thing?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #32677
trichobezoar
Chaos Theory & Pi
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
trichobezoar's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,695
Karma: 27419868
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Shrub, NM
Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I don't understand why you're stuck with her? Doesn't housing handle this type of thing?

Hitch
It's a program for homeless veterans. It's not exactly housing. I'm hoping to get into housing, but the Albuquerque VA only receives 30 vouchers (for housing) a month. There are so many homeless veterans... The homeless population has grown exponentially the past decade. In the Veterans Integration Center (the program I'm in), two veterans occupy a room (i.e., a motel room). It's a nice motel, but the rooms are small--not much privacy here. We're almost in each other's faces--in near proximity at all times. A lot of veterans have trouble with their roommates--half are mentally ill, supposedly. I myself suffer from PTSD and chronic depression, but the mantras help tremendously, as well as the Paxil. My roommate isn't taking any medication--she refuses to be labeled in any way. Very unreasonable. To make a long story short, for now, I'm stuck with her... until something gives.

I'm keeping an account of everything going on--emailing her case manager and mine often enough; I'm covering my ass.
trichobezoar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #32678
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Hitch's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,093
Karma: 63607829
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
It's a program for homeless veterans. It's not exactly housing. I'm hoping to get into housing, but the Albuquerque VA only receives 30 vouchers (for housing) a month. There are so many homeless veterans... The homeless population has grown exponentially the past decade. In the Veterans Integration Center (the program I'm in), two veterans occupy a room (i.e., a motel room). It's a nice motel, but the rooms are small--not much privacy here. We're almost in each other's faces--in near proximity at all times. A lot of veterans have trouble with their roommates--half are mentally ill, supposedly. I myself suffer from PTSD and chronic depression, but the mantras help tremendously, as well as the Paxil. My roommate isn't taking any medication--she refuses to be labeled in any way. Very unreasonable. To make a long story short, for now, I'm stuck with her... until something gives.

I'm keeping an account of everything going on--emailing her case manager and mine often enough; I'm covering my ass.
Ah, I see. I misunderstood. I thought you were in some type of student or university housing. I get it now.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just have to vent... lacymarie7575 Sony Reader 5 08-18-2010 08:59 PM
I need to vent! Booksonboard! Ugh! Mrgauth News 25 12-17-2009 10:26 AM
Why, Oh Why! [RANT] Vesper Lounge 19 06-19-2008 12:50 PM
Am I allowed to vent here? sborsody Which one should I buy? 25 06-12-2007 02:30 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.