Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
trouble on old kindle touch, koreader wont run via KPV

Followed these instructions https://github.com/koreader/koreader...Kindle-devices
jailbreak went fine, KPV launcher was installed correctly (the screen said so), then I unzipped koreader into the root directory of kindle (tried stable, nightly, both kindle-arm-linux and kindle-legacy-arm-linux) and the koreader wont run.. every time I try to start a file thats not mobi or txt I get this Application Error "The selected application could not be started. Please try again." I tried.. tried many times. tried several different version of koreader. always the same. kindle firmware version is 5.3.7.2

any idea what could be wrong?
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, I guess KUAL is also a requirement to be able to run koreader, will try this.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
hkckoo
Connoisseur

KUAL works when I run koreader via it and open files like that, KPV wont launch any formats supported by koreader directly from native OS, please help. i dont know what im doing wrong, followed instructions 100%.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
hkckoo
Connoisseur

the problem was that the newest version of KPV launcher 0.6.6 doesnt work, i had to install 0.6.4 and that one works just fine, whatever.