Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #31
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have just loaded the new FBReader 0.6
Holy $DEITY! This is unbelievable.
Good bye Adobe. It was nice meeting you.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #32
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Well if I was a big fan of FBReader before, I'm an even bigger fan now!!!

This is awesome. I particularly like the font change step where you can fine tune the 5 zoom levels of the font and also the hyphenation min. word length because I'm not keen on short words being hyphenated.

Haven't tried all the options yet as there are so many more LOL!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #33
FunGous
FunGous doesn't litterFunGous doesn't litter

Device: none
kacir: this info thing is working while you have remaped one key to show/hide status line. when you use that function there will be no status line at all but when you press mapped key it will show window with book and battery info for amount of seconds you set or until key pressed. simple and effective
FunGous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #34
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Let me join the chorus. I'm lost in configuration options and loving it!
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #35
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGous View Post
kacir: this info thing is working while you have remaped one key to show/hide status line. when you use that function there will be no status line at all but when you press mapped key it will show window with book and battery info for amount of seconds you set or until key pressed. simple and effective
Works well...
...except the "wait for a key click" setting doesn't.
It *also* goes away on its own after something like 15-20 secs.

No biggie; I prefer to read without a status bar and was minimally annoyed that the status bar setting wasn't sticky. Now it is.

The styles editing feature is a joy as it streamlines the quest for "proper" personal settings; external editing of the styles.xml file was too cumbersome for extensive experimentaion; I only used it for one or two tweaks and even there...

Great to have multiple styles available right on the PB360 for instant switching.

So, what's next on the agenda?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #36
FunGous

new version
0.7.0 - 07.02.2010

Localization is remaked via FBReader resources. Only russian and english are present now.

expanded information in status bar replacement dialog
fixed missed status bar in some dialogs
fixed missed screen refresh after dialogs

http://fbreader-pockebook.googlecode...-app-0.7.0.zip
Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #37
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGous View Post
new version
0.7.0 - 07.02.2010

Localization is remaked via FBReader resources. Only russian and english are present now.

expanded information in status bar replacement dialog
fixed missed status bar in some dialogs
fixed missed screen refresh after dialogs

http://fbreader-pockebook.googlecode...-app-0.7.0.zip
v0.7.0 won't open ePub or FB2 on my PB360 - anyone else have a problem? It thinks for some seconds (with the hourglass) then just refreshes the menu like nothing happened.

I copied FBReader to /system/bin/ and copied the /share folder to /system (i.e. copied /system to my device) - nothing else.

Will revert to 0.6.0. Cheers!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #38
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
v0.7.0 won't open ePub or FB2 on my PB360 - anyone else have a problem? It thinks for some seconds (with the hourglass) then just refreshes the menu like nothing happened.

I copied FBReader to /system/bin/ and copied the /share folder to /system (i.e. copied /system to my device) - nothing else.

Will revert to 0.6.0. Cheers!
You have used extensions.cfg from the archive without examining its contents or understanding how it works.

For the extensions.cfg that is part of the installation archive to work you have to rename the new fbreader.app to fbreader180.app before copying it to <device>/system/bin

Here is what I did:
I have renamed the newest fbreader version 0.7 to fbreader07.app
I have also renamed previous version 0.6 to fbreader06.app
I have copied both files into
<device>/system/bin
There must not be file called fbreader.app in <device>/system/bin - so you could use the original FBReader provided by PocketBook in their firmware.

Then I have used the Linux console and I have located extensions.cfg file in the filesystem and copied it into card. (So you do not have to ;-) )
I have edited my extensions.cfg this way:
Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docm:@DOC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1:pdfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
mp3:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
wav:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
I have placed the above listed extensions.cfg to the <device>/system/config folder

Now I can use all three versions of FBReader.
Please notice line:
Code:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB
Now my epubs are opened by a new fbreader by default, instead of AdobeViewer.

Also see this line:
Code:
Now when I long press the file I have several options under Open With menu.
fbreader07
fbreader06
fbreader
AdobeViewer (where applicable)

Everything seems to be working so far ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #39
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You have used extensions.cfg from the archive without examining its contents or understanding how it works.

For the extensions.cfg that is part of the installation archive to work you have to rename the new fbreader.app to fbreader180.app before copying it to <device>/system/bin

Here is what I did:
I have renamed the newest fbreader version 0.7 to fbreader07.app
I have also renamed previous version 0.6 to fbreader06.app
I have copied both files into
<device>/system/bin
There must not be file called fbreader.app in <device>/system/bin - so you could use the original FBReader provided by PocketBook in their firmware.

Then I have used the Linux console and I have located extensions.cfg file in the filesystem and copied it into card. (So you do not have to ;-) )
I have edited my extensions.cfg this way:
Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docm:@DOC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader07.app,fbreader06.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
mp3:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
wav:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
I have placed the above listed extensions.cfg to the <device>/system/config folder

Now I can use all three versions of FBReader.
Please notice line:
Code:
Now my epubs are opened by a new fbreader by default, instead of AdobeViewer.

Also see this line:
Code:
Now when I long press the file I have several options under Open With menu.
fbreader07
fbreader06
fbreader
AdobeViewer (where applicable)

Everything seems to be working so far ...
Yeah, about the same as me, but I have only 7 and 6 and Adobe Viewer working right now. I guess I will make 6 redundant pretty soon now.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #40
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I ignored everything except the fbreader app; just copied it over and it all works fine.
Only had to disable the motion sensor which resets to enabled when I update the fbreader.
Even more setting options, I notice.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #41
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I ignored everything except the fbreader app; just copied it over and it all works fine.
Only had to disable the motion sensor which resets to enabled when I update the fbreader.
Yeah, freaking heaps of them. Love playing around with it, btw!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #42
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

@kacir:

I appreciate your detailed instructions, but your comment here is incorrect:
Quote:
I have not used the extension.cfg at all. The readme file included in the zip package says:
Quote:
If you want to override default FBReader just copy folder 'system' to your PocketBook`s internal memory. That`s all.
That's what I did because I didn't want to mess around with the extensions.cfg and have no need to use the PB360 default version or multiple FBReader versions.

It seems in fact that if you want to only use the one FBReader version, you should only copy the FBReader app over to the /system/bin folder if you want to use that, and don't include the "/share" folder which is in the zip archive's "/system" folder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
This is not what the instructions say - I suggest they should be updated... they always joke that you should never read the instructions, and look what happened when I did!...

Last edited by orwell2k; 02-09-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 AM   #43
orwell2k
Addict

I also find the settings for wrist-turn do not perform exactly as specified:
Quote:
* 360A° - no wrist pageturn, original FBReader behaviour
* 180A° - no wrist pageturn, orientation is changed only to 180°(90° turns are ignored)
* 180A°+slow next page - wrist pageturn for next page with inversion
* 180A°+slow prev/next page - wrist pageturn for prev/next page with inversion
* 180A°+FAST next page - wrist pageturn for next page without inversion
* 180A°+FAST prev/next page - wrist pageturn for prev/next page without inversion
* 180A°+FAST next/prev page - same as previous but turn directions for page flip are reversed
But in fact, "180A°+slow prev/next page" has no effect, and "180A°+FAST prev/next page" has inversion.

For me, I prefer to use inversion on each page turn as it refreshes the page and minimises any ghosting from the previous text/images. So this situation does not bother me, but other users my wish for the "180A°+slow prev/next page" setting to work correctly.

Of course, I could be doing something wrong, but the wrist-turn works for "180A°+FAST prev/next page" and not for "180A°+slow prev/next page" on my PB360.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
I also find the settings for wrist-turn do not perform exactly as specified:

But in fact, "180A°+slow prev/next page" has no effect, and "180A°+FAST prev/next page" has inversion.

For me, I prefer to use inversion on each page turn as it refreshes the page and minimises any ghosting from the previous text/images. So this situation does not bother me, but other users my wish for the "180A°+slow prev/next page" setting to work correctly.

Of course, I could be doing something wrong, but the wrist-turn works for "180A°+FAST prev/next page" and not for "180A°+slow prev/next page" on my PB360.
I don't use the pageturn feature so I can't tell. I love the 180° for all its other features.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #45
FunGous

hi guys

just to let u know
new version available

http://code.google.com/p/fbreader-po...76_fbreader180