Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
TXHorns
TXHorns began at the beginning.

Device: None
In the market.....

Hey group - I'm recently deciding to join the e-reader movement. I used to have a iPaq mobile with reader capability, but that has been left in the drawer for several years now.

I don't have a preference yet for a type of reader, but my particular needs for a reader are travel related, so I'm looking at the devices with this in mind. I live in the US and work on a project in Africa for extended periods of time, and find myself taking 4-5 books along, which creates bulk and weight in my luggage. For me, compactness, screen sharpness, and ruggedness are key. I'm considering the Sony PRS-300, but am open to other opinions!
TXHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi TXHorns and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 since Jan 08 and really like it especially for travel.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi TXHorns, welcome to MR!

Haven't seen one personally, but from what I've read so far, the 300 sounds like it would be a good choice!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, TXHorns!

I have seen the 300 and it is very nice. The screen is as crisp as the 505. The only thing that would worry me is that it doesn't have an SD slot for more storage, especially for someone like you who might want to carry more books when you travel. You might want to look into some of the great deals vendors are offering on the 505.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote